Trout Fishing "Guide" Genesee, Wyoming area??

Chumleyhunts

Hey guys, I'm going to go out on a limb here. Anyone willing to share some spots with me or point me in a good direction for some trout fishing? I moved here about two years ago and haven't had a ton of free time until recently. I am not a huge fisherman, but do enjoy getting out a little. Just don't know where to go. Not looking for anyone's honey hole and will respect if you take me to a private property, I will NOT go back without permission. I live in Pavilion and work in Batavia and Dansville. Got good access to hunting property already, but not much fishing in a horse or bull pasture.....

is there a site that will tell you the conditions of the water on the beaver kill ???

Google up USGS  for New York..

There are flow charts from a flow station on the Beaverkill at Cook's Falls.

These charts are very handy. I use them a lot for the Streams that I fish often, like the Cohocton, Canisteo and Genesse in NY and various streams in PA.

Here is a link to the NYS DEC page which shows fishing access, including maps:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/44879.html

I like to print a map out and take it with me when heading off to a trout stream. I helps to study them a bit too and use google maps to find the exact location, which was mentioned earlier.

Not a trout spot, but some decent shore fishing at the park on Cedar St. in Batavia. There's a few rock quarry ponds adjacent to it across the railroad tracks that have great fishing in them, but they recent closed them off to trespassing (they were always off limits, but it was commonly overlooked from the discussion I had with DEC, to the point he made it clear he wouldn't be checking it out). 

Some good bass in the park pond, and I've seen a pike or two. I've personally caught plenty of 2-3lbers and pulled a 5lber out of there once.

Some trout creeks and streams about 20-25 minutes east of Batavia in Caledonia. Easy drive.