cz-usa rifles

Red

Is anyone here familiar with cz-usa fire arms? Ive owned one for a few year's but have only taken it out target sitting a few times its a very gun and accurate gun to shot. I was just wondering if anyone ehst owns this brand of gun and what you think of it. I have the cz-usa vz 58

Very nice shooting lawdwaz.

I've owned this gun for about 5 year's or so i took it out target sitting a few times and loved it and then honestly pretty much forgot about it until a couple days ago. The few times i had it out i was very pleased with it. It feels very well made and is very accurate. I never really heard anyone that i know talk about this brand of gun so that got me to wondering how many guys on here shoot this brand.

My first experience with CZ firearms was a CZ 452 in .17 hmr that one of my buddies owns.. I borrowed it a couple of times for squirrel hunting...Very accurate and well made.

Then there came a time, back when I was hunting Alaska,when I decided to replace my abusive Ruger M77 .338 with another medium caliber round that would do the same job but not beat me up so badly.

I bought a CZ 550 American in 9.3 x 62....The rifle is very well made, good fit and finish, and groups under an inch at 100 yards with 250 grain Barnes X bullets. It also kicks less than the .338...

Since I bought it, friends of mine have bought CZ rifles in .308 and 6.5x55..they are tack drivers also...I have read a lot on hunting forums about the CZ rifles and the reports are always the same...Good quality for the price and superb accuracy.

452 22lr in Trainer  (scope)

452 22lr in fullstock (ghost ring)

550 in 6.5x55 fullstock

550 in 9.3x62 fullstock

I have the Mannlicher stocks as a set for small/medium/big game.

Have my eye on a 527 in 22 Hornet for a hunt next year, but taxidermy bills are coming first at the moment.

Replaced  both 22lr triggers for something with less creep and a proper trigger weight. Both shoot very well, edge goes to fullstock surprisingly.

Swede's not anything special for accuracy so far, about on par with most current production guns around an inch. Trigger needs work.

9.3x62 action was rough, accuracy is solid with 286gr bullets. But I have only messed with it for 100 rounds or so.....and right now it needs a scope as I stole the one that was on it for another rifle.

Overall I think they are good value for the money, almost always accurate and built decent.

I started with a BRNO 602(earlier 550 basically) and is one of 3 rifles I regret selling......

• 2 months later...

I guess I got a "lemon".

I had a 527 in .204 ruger with the laminated stock and set trigger option.

The inletting was so bad, every time I cycled the bolt, the rear of the bolt broke off a chip out of the stock in the tang area.

Also, the set trigger would sometimes go off just closing or opening the bolt?  

I also found the bolt disassembly confusing at times.

Sold my copy, it was too cheaply made and dangerous.

I know they have a great reputation, but one bad experience can make me cautious.  I love mauser actions and the CZ is pure mauser.

I guess I got a "lemon".

I had a 527 in .204 ruger with the laminated stock and set trigger option.

The inletting was so bad, every time I cycled the bolt, the rear of the bolt broke off a chip out of the stock in the tang area.

Also, the set trigger would sometimes go off just closing or opening the bolt?  

I also found the bolt disassembly confusing at times.

Sold my copy, it was too cheaply made and dangerous.

I know they have a great reputation, but one bad experience can make me cautious.  I love mauser actions and the CZ is pure mauser.

Set trigger is adjustable on CZ's.......

But cycling the action on any set trigger is a not proper use of that feature in any case.

There's also words to that effect in the owners manual about ONLY setting a trigger just before you shoot.

Knowing how to let down the "set" also is a required skill, so that the firearm is not left in a set condition. 

Much more care is required when trigger weights go down into the ounces in any firearm.

I was not aware of any of that, Dinsdale...

However, the only time I set the trigger was when I was ready to shoot..I have only used the set trigger a couple of times on game...My single stage pull is fine for hunting on my 550 and I use that most of the time when hunting..I find the set trigger very handy while working up loads on the bench.