Turkeys Are Comin Alive

ghug92

Well I don't know about everyone, but here in east-central NY, the turkeys have really been gobbling a lot the past few days. Today at the golf course where I work, two toms gobbled over 70 times each.  Driving around and seeing less cars on the side of the roads but more turkeys out in the fields all fluffed up! I mentioned in a previous post about two weeks ago that the turkey breeding season had not kicked up yet due to the late winter, guess my theory may have been correct! Now I just gotta get a gobbler in the dirt, good luck to all and keep hunting, do not give up yet!

• Like 1

They have been fairly vocal around me and I have seen some good toms but always with hens. I haven't been out in a couple days and I can't get out again till Wed. My buddy tagged a slob yesterday. He said they were gobbling good and he didn't get out until 830. The bird he shot and another tom came right into his calls, on a string. So it sounds like its heating up a little.

I'm four days into my hunt in Ontario...My buddy tagged a slob ( 1 1/4" spurs) yesterday and I killed a 2 year old this morning... I have had two other close encounters with big toms and passed up a jake...Heard 4 gobblers this morning from my listening point..

The boss gobbler that Gator shot yesterday had 7 hens with him..

Yeah, I think things are warming up.....<<GRIN>>.....

Things have been a little quiet here in Canada the last two days.

Gator had a bird gobble good on the roost but shut up as soon as he hit the ground.

He had a girlfriend...

I passed up another jake..PROBABLY  the same one I passed up a few days ago.

Gonna do an early morning hunt tomorrow and head the pickup home..