Tag soup for me...

zeus1gdsm

Ifollowing the trend of last years deer season...

I got this morning to hit the same area I've been going to. This time setting it a different spot from where I called in 2,birds last weekend.

No dice... Had to pack it in early due to commitments.

Great season though. I can understand "deer fills the freezer, turkey fills my soul" anecdote.

I might swing out tomorrow for a late morning woods walk. Something I have not don't yet this year. Next weekend is booked for backpacking.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm looking forward to sleeping in soon! As much as one can anyway.

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed the turkey woods this spring. Hopefully you learned a lot. I learn or see something every time out there. And glad you get my quote I post awhile back. After getting a bird on Mother's day daughter can finally go out with me again tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what over 2 weeks did to the greenery.

Well, it may end up that way for me as well this season. I have two more days to try for a bird, tomorrow morning and Friday. This has been a very frustrating season to say the least.

Tuff getting up early and being in the woods at 5am then staying till the quitting time without hearing a single peep. All my hot spots have fizzled this year?

Well, it may end up that way for me as well this season. I have two more days to try for a bird, tomorrow morning and Friday. This has been a very frustrating season to say the least.

Tuff getting up early and being in the woods at 5am then staying till the quitting time without hearing a single peep. All my hot spots have fizzled this year?

Same luck for me, started off great, finished my Grand Slam in Florida, headed to Texas and killed a couple nice birds, all in the beginning of April...then nothing. Hunted hard in MD, PA, & NY, just not getting into birds, and the ones I do hear drift off after fly-down, never to be heard from again. Not complaining, it's hunting, most of it on public land. But it has been a humbling spring, that is for sure.

My season started off great in March in Alabama killing a nice bird on my second day of hunting.

Took a new kid who helps around the shop for his first hunt in April for the Long Island youth day (my first time turkey hunting L.I.as well) had a bird roosted on public land only to have hunters sneak in from opposite property and spook off the bird so no luck there.

Had a good morning in Chemung Co. on May 2nd calling in a nice 2 yr old from across a 150 yd open field with bird strutting all the way in that my son killed at 35 yds all recorded on his head mounted Go-Pro 7:20 am.Inserted the url for the video no zoom so bird looks further than it actually was...awesome hunt...First turkey hunt on video for us

I've been at it ever since to fill my own tag with a few close calls.. but this last week out in 3 days of hunting hearing only 2 gobbles total....very discouraging and must get back to work..time to let all the scratches and mosquito bites heal up and get back to normal life..I'm done another season in the books

Sometimes I'm glad its only 4 weeks and finally comes to an end... some of you more afflicted know what I mean..

already getting the deer stands ready for fall..

https://youtu.be/N4K0QcS573A

post-3304-0-81968400-1433019114_thumb.jp

Edited by LI OUTDOORSMAN