Unprecedented amount of water toxins to blame for turtle deaths

EspressoBuzz

Such a large human population living next to the water. So much goes into our perfect lawns here on Long Island. Half of it gets washed down the storm drain and out to Long Island Sound. Nitrogen causes these algal blooms. Hell half the time the sewage treatment plant in Northport breaks a pipe and it all goes out into the bay. It all needs to be updated…..

Edited by First-light
  • Like 1

In suburban areas, you get a fine for not mowing your lawn - someday you will get jailed for mowing it. What we are waiting for is like why we are still using fossil fuels..... Mowing your lawn is a mental disorder anyway.... Then on top of it use fertilizer and herbicide.... 

But all that food you get from China and other places - ever hear of 'Pee Cycling"? Well its coming to the USA in time. And that water is not only used for agriculture, its drinking water too, yes pee cycled drinking water.... Not sure what the other cycling is called maybe brown cycling, but that is done as well. And that too will be done here as well... 

Call everything hippy dippy, but like the article I posted elsewhere said, all the rich fatty tatties will not be effected. NASA is already figuring out how to build houses and infrastructure on Mars. Next they will be printing out houses for Mars. Who do you think will get to these houses first, the rich who destroyed Earth or us peasants? Maybe we will be allowed to migrate later- then we can be under those "who got there first"...  Bunch of crap. 

Edited by mike rossi

Where do you think the sludge mixed with town leafs being composted near your local sewage treatment plants are going? There was just a local uproar in the news about Honey dippers spreading tanks on local farm fields...I know for a fact that has happened for years..no one talks about it..

In suburban areas, you get a fine for not mowing your lawn - someday you will get jailed for mowing it. What we are waiting for is like why we are still using fossil fuels..... Mowing your lawn is a mental disorder anyway.... Then on top of it use fertilizer and herbicide.... 

I like that. The sheep are doing the Front Lawn today. I'll mention it to them.

Where do you think the sludge mixed with town leafs being composted near your local sewage treatment plants are going? There was just a local uproar in the news about Honey dippers spreading tanks on local farm fields...I know for a fact that has happened for years..no one talks about it..

It isn't the human waste that is the problem. It's all the stuff the normal person dumps down the drain without even thinking about it. Ever read the list of chemicals on household products - including those for use on our skin and hair. I just read that on busy beaches, the amount of sunscreen in the water is having ecological affects. My daughter went through a teen-aged hair-dying phase. We battled but she ended up doing all her dying at friends house. None of that stuff went into my system.

Edited by Curmudgeon

Makes one wonder about just doing things simple...if weeds grow, just mow em down. You want to sit in the sun? well maybe you should not do that and avoid trip to the dr. for skin cancer. I would hate to give up my car and buy a horse. World is crazy. ISIS will straighten everything out.

Mowing your lawn is a mental disorder anyway.... Then on top of it use fertilizer and herbicide.... 

Mike -

I consulted with the sheep yesterday while they were doing the front lawn. They are both more compassionate and more philosophical than you. The gist of the flock's feelings is that since humans will never reach the pinnacle of evolution of a sheep, it is understandable they should imitate what sheep do and accomplish - imitation being the sincerest form of flattery. They understand humans better than I thought: knowing their competitive nature - which explains human attempts to achieve lawn perfection (perfect length, use of fertilizer and pesticides. As an aside, they also make some comments about human commuting habits also being an imitation of sheep behavior while 2 young rams butted heads.

• Like 1