Doc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

So, since the Governor signed the xbow bill,  did he get a chance to ink up the  rifle bill for Ontario and Wyoming Counties? ??? ??

I don't think it ever got to him. The way I read it in the paper was that it was killed in a senate committee because they never got to it due to the prolonged budget activities. I'm not sure just where it leaves the bill now, or what the next step is. It would have been nice if the newpaper article has gone that one extra step to explain just what happens now, but as often is the case, they just left the story hanging.

I believe there may have been some complications when it got to the Governor for signing anyway. See the previous post (about 12 replies ago) that outlines the action by the Town Supervisor from Canadice. I don't know whether her efforts would have made any difference or not, but she was trying to get it killed with some arguments that might have been pretty convincing to the governor.

Doc

It's been so long, I can't remember the bill number. Plus this is the third time it's been submitted so the number that I had probably isn't the same as back when I was following it. I really don't expect anything from it for this year anyway. I'll check down at the town hall with the supervisor. He has been staying on top of that one.