Proud Mom...

growalot

Of both my kids they are doing so well  both are home owners hard working is an understatement and just good ppl with huge friend net work...that says a lot right there. That said Our Daughter went for yet another position at work and is now assistant to the President of a local college. I wish her the best at her new job...It's nice to know you really don't have to worry about them too much once they have entered the"Real World"  Though the Mom / Dad worries never ever quite leave you...Phewwwww and all that money paid off to boot! :derisive:

• Like 7

Thanks guys...They officially posted it yesterday...She is going to be one busy lady!...I loved reading all the congrats she got from retired staff ..other university professionals..past departments she worked in and ones she'll be working with.

Hard to believe that 8 yrs ago this August I was barreling down the road driving a large U-haul truck packed full of her stuff  to take her to her first professional job  at Georgia College and State University. Trying to keep up with her little black Mustang...LOL what a trip! We got there in the middle of the night and the apartment she rented, sight unseen, was filled with cockroaches...We went to a hotel and She woke the next morning and said  I called Dad...he said I can come home...That's nice but your with MOM now and your staying put..and doing as I say ....Called her boss told them they needed to find her a real place to live and today. Which is what I'd told her when she insisted on send a deposit and first months rent to the place she had. Then we both went and got all of her money back from that manager...She went to work and I moved her in to a duplex..and a nice one... Stayed a week to settle her in and flew home...That was a rough airport good bye....but memories I'll cherish....One year later she was back here and at the college shes working in now. Time flies