Make deer drives illegal?

Caveman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what, Deer drives will always happen. You can outlaw them but people will still do it. Theres no way really to tell if someone is deer driving. They could just be walking. I will only do a drive if its the last weekend of deer season and we havent gotten anything.

That video is great!  Nice shooting!

As far as making drives illegal....that doesn't make any sense. People just have to use common sense and not get caught up in the moment and forget everything they learned about safety.

Normally I just watch and read but when I read stuff like that I have to add my 2 cents. It’s been a good longtime since I’ve attended a bow hunting course but I do remember the speech about never shooting at running game with a bow and shot placement. I say speech because the wise old bow hunter who gave it made damn sure he got his point across. Might be a good idea if these young men went back for a refresher course. If there was ever a video for how not to hunt with a bow that’s it. It was just dumb luck that both of those deer were fatally shot and recovered. Make one wonder about the others we haven’t seen. Just one old hunter’s opinion.

That video is great!  Nice shooting!

As far as making drives illegal....that doesn't make any sense. People just have to use common sense and not get caught up in the moment and forget everything they learned about safety.

Normally I just watch and read but when I read stuff like that I have to add my 2 cents. It’s been a good longtime since I’ve attended a bow hunting course but I do remember the speech about never shooting at running game with a bow and shot placement. I say speech because the wise old bow hunter who gave it made damn sure he got his point across. Might be a good idea if these young men went back for a refresher course. If there was ever a video for how not to hunt with a bow that’s it. It was just dumb luck that both of those deer were fatally shot and recovered. Make one wonder about the others we haven’t seen. Just one old hunter’s opinion.

You are absolutely correct. Definitely goes against everything I've learned about bowhunting, and I'd never do it. I was just saying it was pretty cool to watch, and you gotta admit they are good shots.

There are a few deaths every few years - accidents pure and simple but I cant recall hearing of anyone getting shot on a drive.  I would not be surprised if it has happened but I dont recall of ever hearing of one and I have done a fair amount of research on the subject.

A young 10 year old in Orange County was shot this year doing a drive.  With that said I think it is absurd to even suggest makeing drives illegal. People drown in the Salmon  every year should they ban wading deeper then your ankles. Boats capsize, no more fishing from a boat?  Every year out of shape hunters die of heart attacks so why not ban heavy and older hunters?  know that may sound absurd, but so does the idea of telling us what techniques we can use.  IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET!!!!  Why is this so hard to understand? ??? ?

VERY TRUE

There are a few deaths every few years - accidents pure and simple but I cant recall hearing of anyone getting shot on a drive.  I would not be surprised if it has happened but I dont recall of ever hearing of one and I have done a fair amount of research on the subject.

A young 10 year old in Orange County was shot this year doing a drive.  With that said I think it is absurd to even suggest makeing drives illegal. People drown in the Salmon  every year should they ban wading deeper then your ankles. Boats capsize, no more fishing from a boat?  Every year out of shape hunters die of heart attacks so why not ban heavy and older hunters?  know that may sound absurd, but so does the idea of telling us what techniques we can use.  IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET!!!!  Why is this so hard to understand? ??? ?