Just realized this about your regular season tag

First-light

Guys,

My neighbor called me and we were talking about muzzleloading and he said along with your muzzleloader tags if you didn't use your regular season buck tag it could be used in muzzleloader season for either sex. Never knew this and I checked for myself and it's in the handbook. So this year I could of shot any combination of 3 deer but out of the 3 only 2 could of been bucks. If I didn't have my problems with the powder and rear site I could of accomplished this. Not that I needed to but opportunity did present itself.

and if you would like to travel north, you can use them all except a dmpfrm the sz for 4 days in archery the end of September. You can use a dmp, but only in the area it is issued for.  So in September, I can use my two bow ml tags in 4 days, Get two more bow ml tags and a buck tag and possibly a dmp.  I took two this fall and was very happy about that. 

Ummmm. No you can't take a doe in the MZ season with your regular season buck tag.

[table][tr][td]Tag Type[/td]  [td]Valid For[/td]  [td]Can be used during[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]Regular Season Deer Tag[/td]  [td]Antlered Deer Only

Exceptions:

Antlered or Antlerless

[*]During the regular season in Westchester Co. and during any season in Suffolk Co.

[*]In Areas restricted to longbow hunting only

[*]During late season (with bow or muzzleloading privilege)

[*]September 27-30, in the Northern Zone with previous season's unused tag and bow privilege

[/td]  [td]Regular Seasons 

• Northern Zone
  • Southern Zone

Late Seasons

• Archery (with Bow Privilege)
  • Muzzleloading (with Muzzleloading Privilege

[/td][/tr][/table]

Yes you can.

Q: May I use my Regular Season deer tag during the special seasons?

A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting* or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and

(during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges. During the late seasons, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex.

)

* Your previous year's unused regular season deer carcass tag, accompanied by your previous year's bow privilege, can be used from September 27-30 during the Northern Zone Bowhunting Deer Season and is valid for deer of either sex during this period.

Has anyone actually called the DEC to ask about this?  My post was cut and paste off of their web site.

"Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in  Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting  only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and during the late seasons with the appropriate  bow or muzzleloading privileges. During the late seasons, the Regular  Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex."

I honestly think they are talking about the special late season in Westchester and Suffolk counties where they need to cut the herd drastically.