Youth deer hunt questions please

Grizz1219

Can someone send me the link to the youth deer hunt???? Trying to take my buddies 12 year old this year... He will be a hunting machine... already shoots geese... Got him on a big turkey this year, he rolled him but the bird got up and ran... UG!!!! But he is hooked... Any help you guys can give me would be huge... Thanks in advance.. 

UG... seriously.... 12 to hunt with a bow but not a gun???? That seems like a dumb rule to me.... But it is what it is... 

I think the idea is that a stray bullet can travel further than a stray arrow.  not all kids of a given age instill confidence for me to give them a gun or a bow.  sounds like he could be better around one or the other than some teens.

The kid is going to take the course so he can hunt... but still think it makes more sense "physically" to let the younger kids hunt with a rifle over forcing a bow on them... more mistakes can be made with a bow in terms of the shot I think... just my own history and what I hear from others... in other words.. more bad shots with a bow over a gun... 

• Like 1