The birdhouse/feeder

Curmudgeon

I don't feed birds during the warm months because of bears. A pair of wrens decided to take up residence in a squirrel proof feeder. I left a camera on it while I was away. These are a few of the shots I found when I returned.

Note the bird on the feeder.

post-5300-0-43767000-1439309454_thumb.jp

One beam?

post-5300-0-67912300-1439309477_thumb.jp

Momma wren with food for her babes.

post-5300-0-95007900-1439309493_thumb.jp

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Like 3

From the DEC web sight on feeding wild life....

Use backyard bird feeders in the winter only and keep them clean
Starting in late October through early March, you can feed birds with backyard feeders. As food becomes available in the spring, and as bears come out of hibernation, the feeders should be put away (read more about bears and bird feeders). It is also important to provide only a moderate number of feeders and keep them clean. They can be thoroughly scrubbed with a 10% bleach solution (1 part bleach to 9 parts water), rinsed in fresh water and dried completely before refilling with bird food. Additionally, birdbaths and areas surrounding feeders should be kept fresh. All of this will offer a healthy environment for our backyard birds and help prevent the spread of disease.

I don't feed birds during the warm months because of bears. A pair of wrens decided to take up residence in a squirrel proof feeder. I left a camera on it while I was away. These are a few of the shots I found when I returned.

Pretty cool!

I have a pair of wrens that has been coming back for three years now.

I enjoy watching them "hunt" back and forth from the woods to their "house" in my electric riser on the shed. :D

Who needs feeders!

DSC_0202_zpshhzk7tah.jpg

• Like 1