Browning Strike Force Cam 10MP

What is the quality / performance difference in the two different production years ?

Sorry, I don't have the time to go into detail, but based on my experience, the 2014 cams under-deliver on the promises. The 2015 over-deliver.

• Like 1

Lucked out in that the models I got were BTC-5HD which tells me they are the 2015 model. One cam is up and running but the other has problems. I can turn the camera on and set date, time, etc. with no problem. The camera will run just fine. As soon as I turn the camera off I can not turn it back on at all. Waited all night to turn it back on. I did some monkeying around and played with the contact springs, new batteries and still the same outcome. The only way I can get the camera to turn back on is to eject the battery tray and push it back in. 

Any one else experience similar issues? Phade I know you know  a lot about cameras, any ideas? Next step is calling browning...

Lucked out in that the models I got were BTC-5HD which tells me they are the 2015 model. One cam is up and running but the other has problems. I can turn the camera on and set date, time, etc. with no problem. The camera will run just fine. As soon as I turn the camera off I can not turn it back on at all. Waited all night to turn it back on. I did some monkeying around and played with the contact springs, new batteries and still the same outcome. The only way I can get the camera to turn back on is to eject the battery tray and push it back in. 

Any one else experience similar issues? Phade I know you know  a lot about cameras, any ideas? Next step is calling browning...

One of my 2015 Brownings, either the 7fhd or the 5hd did that as well as setup. I ejected the battery tray and pushed it pretty firmly back in, and it worked fine. I set it in the field, but haven't pulled it yet.

It has to be some sort of contact issue with the tray.

Might be one of "those things" you just know about and need to remember when swapping batteries and not worth returning the camera for warranty if it works well. I don't think it'd be an issue that would degrade performance over time unless the contacts get intermittent. My guess is either the tray makes contact or it doesn't at all, and if you can remember that, it really isn't an issue if the cam performs fine. Otherwise, you are gambling on a cam that actually does what it is supposed to do on a replacement that might have a better battery tray contact but might also have a host of other issues, or it might be fine.

I had the same which was corrected by ejecting the tray and pushing it back in. Unfortunately, the first time I didn't notice the camera wasn't on until i went back to check it a month later. Doh! I have another Browning which I just back for repairs because the flash just stopped working but that was a 2014 model which they no longer produce. Customer service was really nice and told me to just send it in. Other than that, they have all worked pretty well ( I have 4 running).