Tree strap for a climbing tree stand

Woodjr55

Is this what you're talking about? One of those situations where slow & safe is a better option than fast & convenient. Stay tuned, this is the time of year when there typically is a warning posted by other members regarding treestand safety and some of the horror stories about accidental falls.

post-318-0-98300100-1441605907_thumb.jpg

Edited by nyslowhand

Is this what you're talking about? One of those situations where slow & safe is a better option than fast & convenient. Stay tuned, this is the time of year when there typically is a warning posted by other members regarding treestand safety and some of the horror stories about accidental falls.

The one I'm thinking of was a nylon strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/q-safe-safety-strap?a=1120057

This one? Buddy uses one and like it..

I personally like the one showed above with the prusik knot. Easy enough to slide up the tree as you go and I love the flexibility it gives you(easy to give yourself a little more slack with minimal movement) if you need extra room in those bow shots on the wrong side of the tree .

Not sure if I can explain it ..easy to show......

Start with roughly an 8' rope with a loop on the end

Put rope around tree, slide end through loop

Now rope is attached to tree

Pusik knot is on tag end of rope hanging down.

Attach harness to this

Just slide rope up the tree as you go..

Now that I sort of explained it do you want to give yourself a dope slap?...

Lol...jk

Oh, well thats the same way you use a regular safety strap, I dont really see the point of a prusik. I put prusiks on my hang on sets, the rope stays there and the knot is moved up and down the line as I go up and down. Its attached to the tree at the top and bottom.

Yes, me too... The only advantage of prusik ,imo, is the ease of adjusting your distance from the tree. It is easy to have set so it is perfect for those forward or left sided shots(assuming a right handed shooter)

Yet it easy to pull out a little if you need to turn and shoot off the other side.

I am sure you know what I mean when your elbow or neck get caught up in the dam tether when it is too short..lol

Oh, well thats the same way you use a regular safety strap, I dont really see the point of a prusik. I put prusiks on my hang on sets, the rope stays there and the knot is moved up and down the line as I go up and down. Its attached to the tree at the top and bottom.

The shorter version of what you're thinking about is the ticket, about 6' is perfect.  All the adjustment it affords is what makes them so valuable.  Once you're at the height you want to be at you just set the prusik to the perfect length.

There is always one in the front pouch of my climber.

Yes, me too... The only advantage of prusik ,imo, is the ease of adjusting your distance from the tree. It is easy to have set so it is perfect for those forward or left sided shots(assuming a right handed shooter)

Yet it easy to pull out a little if you need to turn and shoot off the other side.

I am sure you know what I mean when your elbow or neck get caught up in the dam tether when it is too short..lol

Ok, gottcha now. I never thought of using one that way I guess.