Can't beat Ya so might as well join ya

Jason118

Just picked up the mission 400 mxb yesterday. Impressive. Anyone else shooting this crossbow? At 40yrds it's sending the bolts partly threw the new block and let's just say getting them out is a lot harder than I expexted. Any tips on this?

Awesome..I am thinking on pulling the trigger on one of these after this year. If it ever gets into the season 100% i am sure many would do the same.  They say take a bar of soap and rub it on the bolts and they come out a little better.

• Like 1

I have 2 targets. One for field points and a small one for broadheads that I bring with me to use for discharging after hunting.

For field points, I use that big yellow bag I think it's called morel or something. I pull the bolts out with 2 fingers. Before that I had the same issue.

For broadheads I use a cheaper xbow target that works great too.

Neither works for the other only as described above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a big green bag (yeah I forget the name also)for the compound but I was afraid of going threw it. It stops the arrows from the Mathews chill just fine so mabie Ill try it with the block behind it. Biz - how fast are you shooting? Do you know the name of your discharge target? I was concerned about how that's going to go. I Read about the soap trick , was worried about the rail with the soap but probably insignificant

My discharge target is some no name brand I got from a local archery shop. It's tiny like 12" x 12". It's perfect for leaving in the car or woods and shooting on the way out. I have an Excal Vortex, probably like 300-325fps. I shoot the discharge target pretty much point blank range, maybe like 5 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

UpTown ~ griping isn't the problem. Im standing on the block and those bolts are not moving. Some good ideas posted ~ I thank you. I would like to say I'm very impressed withe the scope also. Hawk sr ir. Match the FPS up on the dial and site in 30yrds and we are good out to 100yrds. No Ive only shot about half that but I really havnt had time to play with it yet. Also the scope illuminates red or green and I had enough light bouncing around in her to clearly target shoot well into the evening