DMP

chemonkey86

I just realized today is the last day to apply for a dmp, this will be my wife's first year hunting... If she is able to find her safety course paperwork to get her tags. Problem is she will not be able to get a doe tag. If anyone has an extra 8y tag they would be willing to give up I'm sure she would put it to use. Hate to think her first year out without a doe tag could just disappoint her not being able to pull the trigger. Hope everyone is ready for a good season.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I just realized today is the last day to apply for a dmp, this will be my wife's first year hunting... If she is able to find her safety course paperwork to get her tags. Problem is she will not be able to get a doe tag. If anyone has an extra 8y tag they would be willing to give up I'm sure she would put it to use. Hate to think her first year out without a doe tag could just disappoint her not being able to pull the trigger. Hope everyone is ready for a good season.

It's not too late, you still have 6hours + left to make it happen.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

You can get dmp anytime during season in areas that they don't give out enough 9f for example. They cut off on a date and if you were turned down you're enter a lottery where any not given in application process are given out to those that were denied. So if you were turned down you may still get one in the mail..

Anybody have any idea why there is a cut-off point on DMP sales? It doesn't make any sense to me. I would think that DMPs should be available at any time of any applicable season until the quota is depleted.

I think it has something to do with the system not being on a "first come first serve" basis.....they keep it where supposedly you have the same chance on day one as you do on the last, after the deadline they recalculate things and mail out permits to those who may have been previously declined and the zones that have an overabundance are made available until they run out............at least that's how I understand it.

• Like 1

You can get dmp anytime during season in areas that they don't give out enough 9f for example. They cut off on a date and if you were turned down you're enter a lottery where any not given in application process are given out to those that were denied. So if you were turned down you may still get one in the mail..

Ok, that kind of makes sense. I would have thought they would have ended the regular process based on a number rather than a date so people could still stop down to the town clerk or whatever throughout the season and get one over the counter until the WMU allotment was depleted (which I understand never happens). But I guess they decided to go a different route with additional lotteries and such. There may be some logic in that that I am not seeing.

Jj it is not that it was not important but when my wife is working full time and enrolled in college full time the opportunities to get to the local gun shop for a license have been limited. On top of that not being able to find her Hunter safety certificate have made it even more of a trick... Seems as tho it was misplaced during our recent move. So still trying to find that if not she will have to contact the place she got it for a new copy.

Replace a Lost Certificate

Call 1-888-HUNT-ED2. You will be asked for your name, date of birth, type of course you took and when and where you took the course. Certificates dated earlier than 1980 cannot be found or replaced. If you need a certificate and yours cannot be found, you will need to retake the course.

here ya go....licenses can also be purchased online, takes a few minutes at home......and to be honest, it took me about 2 minutes to find that, probably less.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1