This weekend

sbuff

Good luck everyone this weekend for opening of northern zone muzzleloader.

What's everyone using, I will be using my white thunderbolt with some 460gr bull shop bullets, then once gun starts I'll switch to my TC X7 with some .452 300 gr Speer deep curls in a crush rib sabot.

• Like 1

Good luck everyone this weekend for opening of northern zone muzzleloader.

What's everyone using, I will be using my white thunderbolt with some 460gr bull shop bullets, then once gun starts I'll switch to my TC X7 with some .452 300 gr Speer deep curls in a crush rib sabot.

460 grain ? What charge are you sending out that ashtray with ?

• Like 1

Any reports from the weekend? I just got back from ML hunting zone 6F. Saturday morning, as the snow/rain mix was falling hard, I got a quick look at a bear at about 75 yards, but was unable to get a shot at it. I think I may have located it's den. If it is not hibernated by this Thanksgiving weekend, I hope to get a crack at it with my rifle. I will feel a little more comfortable shooting at one with a few more rounds in the chamber. It has been a regular around camp the last few weeks according to a contractor I talked to this morning. I managed to get my father in law the whitetail mount he wanted for his new lake-house last Thanksgiving weekend, now he is asking for a bear-rug.

I was really hoping to connect on a doe, as this is the only time we can take them up there. They must know that, and keep out of the area until gun-season, when they are off-limits. I did manage to sneak up within 40 yards on a bedded 4-point buck. When he stood up, I just could not bring myself to part with my buck tag on such a light- weight deer. He looked like about 120 lbs, field-dressed, if that. Certainly nothing like what might have been his daddy, who I killed on the same hill with my rifle last Thanksgiving weekend. That massive-bodied 8-point probably field-dressed double that.

It was not a bad weekend overall, as I managed to take a couple limits of smallmouth bass, mid-day in about an hour between hunts on Saturday and Sunday. I also helped my father in law put away the boats and other stuff for the winter. The cold weather made it great in the woods, finally getting rid of the bugs that have made it pretty tough in there since early May. Too bad it didn't make the does a little more active however.

• Like 1

I also hunted my new place in 6f. Weather was not our friend. I saw two small deer which I passed. Using my H&R sidekick 50 caliber with 85 grasins of blackhorn 209 harvestor crush rib sabot and 44 caliber hornady xtp 240 grain with a 777 209 primer. Nikon buckhunter 3x9x40 scope.