2015/16 Trapping Harvest Thread .

Kludes

4 rats 2 feet/twistouts...nice and warm they will move tonight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How'd you get the ringouts ? As you probably already know : wrap wire around your drowning rock one way and then the other and place trap with no extra wire to waters edge to set location. Providing it's deep enough weight should take him down and drowned rat. .

How was the fur on the rats ?

Prices are ridiculously low this year. I believe it has something to due with trade embargo with Russia. I myself have yet to set any steel but also have been hunting hard.

Coons/mink and muskrat are next to nothing. Like 0-$5 skinned and stretched.

A good fox may bring $10 if your lucky

$20 on a good colored coyote.

2 years ago I was averaging $10-11 per muskrat.

It seems like such hard work. So you must do it for the love of it not then money.

This year, yup all for the love of it. Years past the $ perk was nice too. As soon as I put another deer or two in the freezer I'll set some muskrat traps and try to catch a fox/coyote or two. Canines will get sent to Moyles to get tanned. Neat wall hangars. I've given quite a few away.

Gonna trophy skin it out here in a minute and then stretch and dry to send out I have 3 fox's from last year nice cherries with long black socks and a mink that was the size of a small fisher ..so I got a group to send out .. my friend gets his done for 17 a piece so I might send with him ..

Edited by Kludes
  • Like 1

I was shocked how fierce he was when I got closer lol definitely didn't expect that ... gray #1 coon #2 for fierce lol

That's what I mean. Red's are quite tame and mild compared to greys you snarl, bark and lash out. I've caught some nasty coon and some very timid ones.

• Like 1