2015 It Has Begun

DirtTime

First day out for deer today. Sat a swamp for a couple hours then still hunted for a bit. No deer sightings. I was harassed my about 5 chipmunks that almost met an untimely end.

Only a morning hunt today, had things to do in the afternoon. Got a text about an hour ago that when my buddies dad went for his walk after lunch he jumped a deer near the swamp I was sitting. Figures!

Yesterday was a bust. I just don't like hunting in the rain anymore. Got out this morning for a few hours of turkey hunting/scouting. Woods were wet, quiet, and not much was moving. Second time in this state land this year. 1st time I saw a few deer. This time just tracks, but I was later going in today as I hadn't planned on going out.

Feel bad for the bow hunters, wind is a bit rough out there.

Saturday NZ deer, and maybe Sunday morning if the rain holds out.

• 1 month later...

Now it has ended.

Not much to really say. I went, I saw deer, and had a great time putting in my effort. I did see more doe's then bucks, like seems the norm for this year. I did let a small spike take a pass and that's on me. It was early and I was hoping to see him again or something bigger. I did see some bigger bucks, or I should say I saw a$$e$ with horns as they ran away.

But, I think going with the rifle this year over a new bow was good for me. I learned I am pretty rusty on a few things, and need to work them out before next deer season. I also learned after walking a lot of miles I am out of shape. 

Over all I don't care I only have tag soup again this year, it's only a bad season if you aren't out there.

Last year at this time I was kinda bummed, only having the bow meant it was over until spring turkey. This year I can get out and hunt small game and start getting the rust really off.

I may not have killed a deer but I had a great season!

• Like 1