Sound of hit's...

growalot

I mentioned niether deer I shot ..."sounded right" on the impact...what can YOU tell from the sounds...I just cut up the doe shoulders...and the crack was my broad head going through the shoulder bone....with the buck it was the sound of it hitting the opposite leg bone after exiting....I have hit farther back and heard thuds,,,and it was hitting under spine severing the artery and one just before back leg hitting artery there as well( nock never released from string sending arrow off wrong)...

From sound.... how long will you wait out a hit if you do not see the deer go down...or actually see impact.

sometimes loud cracks can come from far side shoulders or leg bones and ribs on entry.  I don't really go by sound much.  I almost always spot my arrow to impact or see disturbance of hair when it hits.  low light being the exception as I don't use anything like lighted nocks.... yet.  I go off sight and observations of blood on the arrow and ground.  sounds doesn't come into play for me too much.