Why It's Smart To Oppose Bans Based On The No-Fly List!

OK, I'll make it short.  Serve justice on those who commit crimes, up to, and including the death penalty, hold people accountable for their criminal actions, and leave everyone else alone.  Make people fear the penalties and you will see real deterrence.

post-177-0-23430200-1450118803_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I'll make it short.  Serve justice on those who commit crimes, up to, and including the death penalty, hold people accountable for their criminal actions, and leave everyone else alone.  Make people fear the penalties and you will see real deterrence.

It seems the people you and Papist fear the most don't fear dying.

First off, I don't fear them.  I hate them.  2nd, they don't fear death, but they do fear how they die.  If they want death, give them life, at hard labor.

Regardless, these are the people due process could target and intercept, if it's energies weren't being wasted trying to persecute responsible gun owners.

The government is not wasting this crises on criminals and terrorists, that's for sure.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 2

More projection and presumption C.

Are we surprised? We are not. 

And C...should rational people not be concerned  about an enemy that wants them dead or submissive to their way of life, and who have no fear of death themselves? Do you see something irrational in that concern? Do tell.

Edited by Papist

OK, I'll make it short. Serve justice on those who commit crimes, up to, and including the death penalty, hold people accountable for their criminal actions, and leave everyone else alone. Make people fear the penalties and you will see real deterrence.

attachicon.gifTakeRights.jpg

You couldn't make it all the way without a copy and paste quote though could you? Let alone one from a circus performer. Edited by Belo

I really believe political correctness has prevented implementation of many solutions to all of this country's current problems.  I believe it is by design.

American violence will not be eliminated by taking guns from good people.

The first step to solving problems, is properly identifying the problems.

Bill Essex said it very well.

" I began selling guns at Big 5 in Visalia, California in 1977. for nearly 40 years I've watched what has become an obvious incremental creep toward choking off the ability of a law abiding citizen to own a firearm. It's a brilliant, long term strategy of passing law after law that tightens the noose of regulation tighter and tighter until owning a gun legally will be impractical. They will trumpet "See, We didn't ban guns" We just won't be able to shoot them"

• Like 1

More projection and presumption C.

Are we surprised? We are not. 

And C...should rational people not be concerned  about an enemy that wants them dead or submissive to their way of life, and who have no fear of death themselves? Do you see something irrational in that concern? Do tell.

The point is/was that the death penalty has never been a deterrent - at least on any scale or at a population level. It just doesn't work. It only feels good. 

This isn't about whether "rational people should be concerned". It is about fear as a deterrent. That only works with rational people.

BTW - What's up with suicidal terrorists with 6 month old babies? Isn't that odd? 

I think it tends to enhance the point.

Why is that what you seem to find important, rather than the message being conveyed?  

because none of you 3 musketeers seem to have an original thought. It's all just copy and past recycled internet garbage. It's so easy to just click a few things and post. What's really hard is to actually pursue change, to actually stop with the hate and fear mongering. You, aren't as bad as papist but I guess I just don't understand the point of all the posts. You're not changing anyone's mind. You're preaching to the choir. You're not going to change my opinion and I wont change yours. Why can't we just stick to hunting?

It's always just one hot button to the next. Guess what, they still have billboards up down here protesting and protecting the state flag. Yet here all the wannabe southerns have since moved on and are no longer flying their confederate flag avatars. It's just all talk.

• Like 1

BTW - What's up with suicidal terrorists with 6 month old babies? Isn't that odd? 

Not for Islam. Palestinian women leave their children behind to go out and die attempting to stab a Jew on a semi-regular basis. Islam is currently training child Jihadists all over the mid-east and the Islamic world. They don't think like me. It is dangerous to discount or ignore a culture and world view because it is alien to one's own view of things.

Mr VJP, on 14 Dec 2015 - 1:46 PM, said:snapback.png

=====================================================

Reminds me of a hunting trip a buddy and I took to Newfoundland Canada years ago when I was a young fellow. We arrived in the town we were to meet out outfitter a week early to see the sights and have some fun. After getting things situated with with our outfitter and settling into our motel we asked around where the best night life was. Everyone we asked gave us directions to the same club and said it was the best!

Well that evening we got all slicked up and pulled into the parking lot of this so called wonderful hotspot and we were the only car there! To be honest I thought the locals gave us the business and pulled a prank on the Americans.

The lights were on inside so we said "we are here, what the heck lets check it out"! Opened the door and what a surprise! The place was packed to the rafters, band a blaring, crowd drowning in suds was having a great time and partying on!

The parking lot was empty because nobody drives, they don't drive because the penalty for drinking and driving is so severe they just will not take any chances period! They got dropped off, walked or took cabs to get to this place and basically told us we we nuts to have our car in the parking lot, the Mounties would be waiting when we left!  As the old saying goes "when in Rome you do as the Romans do"  we only had a few blocks to go to get to our motel so when we left the car stayed in the parking lot and we walked!

==================================================================

As far as I am concerned the same approach should be taken with gun crime, strict enforcement of laws, no plea deals, make cut and dried if you use a gun for any crime lock em up and throw away the key Period!

For those who say the jails would be overflowing I would be all for building plenty more and paying higher taxes to do so!

• Like 2