PA may put $25 Bounty on Coyotes

Mr VJP

Re repeating shots at anything. If more than one shot is needed, someone is not accurately hitting the target, resulting in wounded, crippled and unrecovered game.. 

What?  Many an animal is dispatched after the first shot fails to hit the target.  If it's not a "one shot, one kill" scenario, it's not to be assumed it's wounded, crippled or unrecovered, unless you want to paint hunters as brutes.  But I'm sure you wouldn't ever dream of doing that.

Well let me be the first to tell ya that anything that any observation on this 800 acres is nothing but fact.  Had lots of yotes and had no deer or turkeys to speak of.  Removed the problem vermin and the deer and turkey numbers jumped right back up.

Call it what you will but that is fact.  As far as livestock,  When man has to work around problem animals the animals will lose every time.

When it comes to the Yotes being no more dangerous than man statement i would have to disagree because i know and have control of what man does on these 800 so i know where the problem comes from.

Like I said .. purely anecdotal... and yes you have control of what man does because you are the man I was referring to. You will spend the rest of your life trying to eliminate coyotes from your land really solving nothing other than making yourself feel better. But, whatever blows your skirt up. Just stop calling it fact... you observe only what you want to observe... that does not make it fact. Especially since 800 acres is a pimple on the ass of the overall habitat the coyotes will run.

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 3

Like I said .. purely anecdotal... and yes you have control of what man does because you are the man I was referring to. You will spend the rest of your life trying to eliminate coyotes from your land really solving nothing other than making yourself feel better. But, whatever blows your skirt up. Just stop calling it fact... you observe only what you want to observe... that does not make it fact. Especially since 800 acres is a pimple on the ass of the overall habitat the coyotes will run.

Your so full of it. I know exactly what it is to have 3 packs of dogs talking to each other on 3 different corners of the property. That is Fact!  I know exactly what 8-10 dead Fallow deer look like in a pen with only 1 showing any signs of being ate on. Thats a Fact!  I know exactly what it feels like to have a coyote grow and show its teeth at you while you are gutting a deer with a flashlight at 10 yards.  That is a fact!  I know exactly what it feels like to hook your dog to the chain at your sliding back door to let him out to slide the door shut and not make it to the kitchen before he is jumping and scratching at the door to come back in within seconds for me to open the door only to see 2 coyotes at the burning barrel looking for breakfast. That is a fact!

The facts are we got this land and it was/is one of the best farms to hunt in Jefferson Cty where you can see bucks chasing does in the middle of the day where most places you cant find a deer to even hunt.  That was before the dog problem,That is a proven Fact.

Turkeys were everywhere where a person could glass from the road and see Toms strutting in every field on the farm. That was before the dog problem.

I really dont give a rats ass what you think you know about a problem you apparently have never had to deal with but it is a true fact that if you call full out war and kill yotes on sight regardless 24/7 365 you will get your problem solved and your land back to where it was when you got it. That is a Fact!

This crap that they will just return is just that. It took 3-4 years before we even started seeing and hearing them again and that was this fall.  The problem will be solved again!  That Is a FACT!!!!!!

• Like 1

It seems to me certain people cannot differentiate between concentrated coyote problems in a given area of NY State, and the overall coyote population across the entire state.

Just like you have more crime in the cities than in the rural areas, you have coyote problems in some areas where they're not a problem in the entire state.

In areas where they are overpopulated, they must be controlled, just as criminals in the cities cannot be ignored because the statewide crime rate is low.

Curmudgeon, on 23 Dec 2015 - 7:53 PM, said:

Not by me. One shot. If not, I failed.

Good for you.... Many of us are not so perfect.  I have killed many game birds and animals with the second or third shot, and a couple with the fourth.

That is one reason why they make repeating firearms..

In the case of shooting at a coyote being pursued by hounds, ANY torso hit is as good as a killing shot, because  if it doesn't anchor the critter, it will certainly slow him down enough so the hounds can finish the job..

• Like 1

Good for you.... Many of us are not so perfect.  I have killed many game birds and animals with the second or third shot, and a couple with the fourth.

That is one reason why they make repeating firearms..

In the case of shooting at a coyote being pursued by hounds, ANY torso hit is as good as a killing shot, because  if it doesn't anchor the critter, it will certainly slow him down enough so the hounds can finish the job..

I didn't say, or even imply, I was perfect. Any animals I am hunting deserve respect, meaning a quick clean death.

What does VJP say? Something about only taking shots you cannot miss? I agree with him.

I didn't say, or even imply, I was perfect. Any animals I am hunting deserve respect, meaning a quick clean death.

What does VJP say? Something about only taking shots you cannot miss? I agree with him.

Sometimes a good shot requires a 2nd shot to provide a quick kill.  I'm sure you would take that additional shot to dispatch an animal that was well hit the first time, yet still breathes.  No?

• Like 1