Cool Stuff

Pygmy

I just looked at some of my old reloading data, and found a couple of letters that I had kind of forgotten.

One was a letter from Bob Hagel, typed ( with an old fashioned typewriter) on an NRA letterhead, answering some questions that I had posed about loading for the 7x 57. It is dated Feb. 4, 1981..

The other is a letter from Finn Aagaard, answering some questions that I had about loading the .338 Win mag. It is dated April 4, 1990.

Both letters are personally signed by the above gentlemen. Not STAMPED, but signed in ink.

I'm wondering if the current gun scribes still take the time to do such things..

• Like 7

Neat stuff Dan!

Nothing as cool as that for me although I did send a letter to Jim Shockey back in the mid 90's looking for info. on his Vancouver Island bear hunts.  He replied with a very nice hand written letter on his company stationary.  I don't think I kept the letter which is odd because I usually keep all those types of things. The price of his hunts even then was staggering.....For many years I'd read his articles in Big Buck Magazine, long before he was a TV star.

• Like 1

The letter from Hagel was typed with an old non electric typewriter..Every few letters there is one higher and/or fainter than the others.

Aagaard's letter was typed with an electric, but he hand wrote his return address on the envelope...Aagaard, Rt 9 Box 33B, Llano, TX 78643.

• Like 2

I don't think that too many of the well known hunting and shooting personality's of today. Would be so gracious, as to hand type or sign anything.

About twenty five years ago, I met Peter Fuduccia at an outdoors show. He was very laid back and talked hunting with me for quite a while. He talked to me as a fellow hunter and not as a so called expert. Not sure what became of him. Have not heard his name in a while now.

I don't think that too many of the well known hunting and shooting personality's of today. Would be so gracious, as to hand type or sign anything.

About twenty five years ago, I met Peter Fuduccia at an outdoors show. He was very laid back and talked hunting with me for quite a while. He talked to me as a fellow hunter and not as a so called expert. Not sure what became of him. Have not heard his name in a while now.

I use to see him at the "Suffern Sportsman Show" , held at Rockland Community College.

It's normally held in March .

• Like 1

To use your words....."I love  you man!!!!!"....

To have Hagel's data on my favorite 7x57 is great, I hope you can post it or pm me, I'd love to hear what he had to say.

But to HAVE A LETTER PERSONALLY FROM FINN AAGAARD!!,  that is so awsome I can't believe it, and he was a very humble man. I have all his books, some multiple copies, as well as Berit's remake of his Aagaard's Africa.

You are a very blessed man.  Keep them safe and read them often, they don't make humble, authoritative writers like them anymore.

• Like 1

To use your words....."I love  you man!!!!!"....

To have Hagel's data on my favorite 7x57 is great, I hope you can post it or pm me, I'd love to hear what he had to say.

But to HAVE A LETTER PERSONALLY FROM FINN AAGAARD!!,  that is so awsome I can't believe it, and he was a very humble man. I have all his books, some multiple copies, as well as Berit's remake of his Aagaard's Africa.

You are a very blessed man.  Keep them safe and read them often, they don't make humble, authoritative writers like them anymore.

PM sent.

• Like 1