Pistol permit? Need help!

blackradio

Hey guys. I'm doing to paperwork to apply for my pistol permit in Dutchess County. I will soon by applying as a security guard in Westchester County and I spoke with a guy who works there and he said I should be working on getting my pistol permit. I have also took a few police tests which I would also need a pistol permit.

I also would like to hunt and target shoot as well.

Now, on the application is says check one of the following:

-carry concealed

-Possess on premises

-possess/carry during employment

I am not sure which one to check, the 1st or 3rd. I need it for this security job, or a police job is the former falls through, but I'd also like to hunt and target shoot with it. Any one have any idea?

Carry concealed, "YOU" are appling for the permit not your job.

Police do not need permits to carry,(unless your department requires it); security guards do.

Just because you took a test for a posistion does not guarantee you a spot on the force.

Carry concealed, "YOU" are appling for the permit not your job.

Police do not need permits to carry,(unless your department requires it); security guards do.

Just because you took a test for a posistion does not guarantee you a spot on the force.

I know very well it doesn't guarantee me a position. Just want to be safe and do things the right way.