When My Dog Gets Pushy

DirtTime

Had to put a cone on my girl a couple days ago. She got a growth on her tail a couple years ago, vet said it wasn't malignant, but she's started chewing on it causing it to bleed.

She goes to have it removed on Friday.

She never comes into my office when she needs to go out. She sits in front of the door glaring at me. LOL

Today, she came right in bumping me as if to say 'Look pops, I got this thing on my head so you better take me out right now!"

I took a quick pic and then we went out in the yard for a bit.

post-5489-0-25221400-1458175997_thumb.jp

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

Thanks turkeyfeathers.

G/F just called. It was bigger then they thought, so a 50/50 chance it might be malignant. Having blood-work sent out. She came out good, can come home around 4PM. Have to watch watch carefully for a few days for effects of the meds, and for a week to make sure she doesn't rip the stitches out. Being on the tail this is a big concern due to how much it bends. If she pulls them out we have get a skin graft to close it up.

I can see people doing that turkeyfeathers. I bet your wife deals with a lot of owner error being a vet.

This was a tumor and now they are concerned it might be worse then they first thought a couple years ago. Huskies are a bit prone to this.

She's home, 80% of her tail is shaved and it's all bandaged up. She's doing good, a little lazy as the meds are wearing off. Huge list of to do and not to do's for two weeks.

I'm just a huge worrier and a huge softy when it comes to my girl. 

• Like 1

This just took a bad turn.

Went out of my office for my 10 minute check and she was able to get it bleeding through the bandage. Odds are good she tore the stitches open. Blood was dripping off what's left of the hair on her tail. No ER vets open near us at this time of night so we will take to her Doc in the morning and let them take the bandage off.

She's doing OK turkeyfeathers. Thank you for asking.

The stitches were fine, she managed to get it bleeding and scared the crap outta us. Have to watch her like a hawk now that the bandages are off. It's healing pretty well but she's trying to do what dogs do, lick the wound to heal it. Can't let her do that so there's a whole lotta "Leave It!" sounding off in the house.

• Like 2