Activism

Doc

I spent a good amount of years as a member, participant, and activist for conservation issues (primarily deer hunting related). The only way it was possible was because at the time hunting was how I made my living. Doc, you are right on the money. It is hard to focus and be dedicated to any issue or subject without disrupting ones normal course of life. What seemed important enough back then holds little attraction now. Life is too short... too many other fun things to do. So these days it's pretty much "shut up and hunt" for me.

One thing I also learned over the years is that the more people you get in a room with opinions, the less chance you will have coming to any agreement or consensus. Which usually leaves you thinking you wasted your time attending.

• Like 1

I spent a good amount of years as a member, participant, and activist for conservation issues (primarily deer hunting related). The only way it was possible was because at the time hunting was how I made my living. Doc, you are right on the money. It is hard to focus and be dedicated to any issue or subject without disrupting ones normal course of life. What seemed important enough back then holds little attraction now. Life is too short... too many other fun things to do. So these days it's pretty much "shut up and hunt" for me.

One thing I also learned over the years is that the more people you get in a room with opinions, the less chance you will have coming to any agreement or consensus. Which usually leaves you thinking you wasted your time attending.

yup.... the struggle is real.  hell I'm busy with deer stuff and other normal life stuff going on I haven't yet been out turkey hunting yet this spring.  hopefully I get out once or twice to decompress.  if I somehow manage to take a bird that'd be even better.  once my daughter is older and if she develops an interest in hunting or if my wife picks up more interest, my involvement might be significantly less.