Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

Those are some big rubs biz! If i was you I would sit there all day tomorrow. Anything good on cam?

No cams at this spot. This is our old spot we hunted for many years where my dad saw 6 different bucks in 6 days. Unfortunately, all we saw 2 yotes today and heard the neighbors shooting like crazy. We only have access to 3 acres there so I Would bet they got a few of the bucks. Still undecided for tomorrow. But I am tempted to go back and hope 1 big one is still alive and comes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No cams at this spot. This is our old spot we hunted for many years where my dad saw 6 different bucks in 6 days. Unfortunately, all we saw 2 yotes today and heard the neighbors shooting like crazy. We only have access to 3 acres there so I Would bet they got a few of the bucks. Still undecided for tomorrow. But I am tempted to go back and hope 1 big one is still alive and comes by.

I was actually talking about the cams on your property. But i agree with you, about going back to the 3 acres. 

I was actually talking about the cams on your property. But i agree with you, about going back to the 3 acres. 

They didn't have much. Small bucks, does, nothing for a few days. A red fox keeps coming back to gut pile from buck but nothing is left. Yet it comes 4-5 times per week looking lol

11/20: well today was a busy. Crazy winds and snow/sleet made for whiteout conditions at times.

Went to old spot in the morning. Heard yotes yipping and howling very closeby before light. Of course the first time we saw see/hear yotes all season is the first 2 days of season. Around 8am a red fox came running by mouth wide open. I barked and it stopped for a quick shot but it was head on and I missed. Oh well.

Afternoon went to new spot and weather was even worse. Snow finally stopped at 4pm and I saw a bunch of turkeys over 100yds out. Onto tomorrow and morn wind, sucks!

https://vimeo.com/192377690

• Like 2

11/21: woke up and saw steady winds over 20mph, not including gusts. Dad and I didn't even bother going out. Waste of a day off for me. I'm done till maybe thurs or fri, hopefully my dad gets one before that.

i had 5 does in within 60 yards of me sunday in north salem for the last 30 minutes of light no bucks either.  When I left my spot saturday night i got a saw of a nice set of horns with his nose to the ground behind 3 does in someones front yard adjacent to my land.  There are still a few hot does around.

• Like 1

just out of curiosity, do they issue doe permits in your area?

Yes, but no interest in shooting in does. I haven't shot one since I was 16 years old.

Pretty rare to see a group of does like this this early in the season. We don't see a ton of deer but when we do It's usually 50/50 chance it's a buck. Just last week my dad saw 6 different bucks in 6 days and only like 2-3 does.

Yes, but no interest in shooting in does. I haven't shot one since I was 16 years old.
Pretty rare to see a group of does like this this early in the season. We don't see a ton of deer but when we do It's usually 50/50 chance it's a buck. Just last week my dad saw 6 different bucks in 6 days and only like 2-3 does.

Well, I can certainly help increase those ratios in your favor of seeing a buck next time to maybe 51/49 buck to doe ratio. Just say the word!

• Like 3

yea, when I first bought my property 12 years ago I figured I would not kill any does and the deer population would flourish..  I was wrong..  For the past 6 or 7 years we try to fill every doe tag we get (even if we donate the deer to needy families) and it seems to make a huge difference.   Ratios are better and size and health of deer has improved noticeably (and the bigger bucks are much bigger).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, t_barb said:

just out of curiosity, do they issue doe permits in your area?

i hunt primarily in 3s which is bow only and DEP issues pretty much unlimited doe tags in this region.  i shoot at least 1 to 2 each year.  I prefer doe meat over buck meat.