So You Want to Build a Wall on the Mexican Border?

Heres another question I was thinking about earlier. What do you do with people who own private property that borders the two countries? I'm sure there has to be some private property owners that have land that borders up against Mexico. How do you force them to allow It to be built on? That would fall under eminent domain right? Now we would ahve govt TAKING land from people. Seems like taking from undividuals could be a scary sight. Yeah or no?

I would love to see the answer to this considering how many here supported the Bundy's criminal takeover of the federal wildlife refuge they claimed was built upon lands unjustly seized from the American people.

Small price to pay in terms of national security given the declining state of world affairs. What point is there in owning land that cartels use to bury their victims anyway?

Thats an individual's right to own that land if they choose. Might not be ours but what they eat dont make us sh*t.

Im not ok with govt coming in and just taking land from people. Uptown makes a good point. The bundy situation was about big govt overstepping their boundaries yet in this situation you are ok with govt doing that same thing. Your argument is safety (which you just said). My argument is where is our principle. I thought we dont give up freedoms for safety in this country?

Small price to pay in terms of national security given the declining state of world affairs. What point is there in owning land that cartels use to bury their victims anyway?

So lets see you give up your land to the government under the misguided belief that it would strengthen national security. What ever happened to your belief that the government is absolute evil and can't do anything right? Now you're supporting the government taking land from it's rightful owners? I thought according to the constitutional genius you claim to be that the government has no right to any privately owned land? Boy talk about selling out one's own beliefs. So lets see, when the government proposes something you agree with then whatever actions they take to further that goal you're fine with, but when you object to what they want to do then they are a criminal enterprise, thrashing the constitution while committing outright acts of tyranny, sound about right according to you?   

I would be curious if any of the property owners along the border would object. Also is it a fact that property is privately owned right up to the border? I don't even own half of my front yard. It's town property.

Article i found.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/15/landowners-along-u-s-mexico-border-claim-govt-is-abusing-its-power-to-take-land-at-unfair-prices/

Tell us how stopping the flow of cartel gangs and Muslim extremists doesn't increase security?

So now you are turning to the govt to solve everything. Govt created this problem and you wnat more govt to fix it. Plus Walls with snipers? Lets militarize the country some more while we are at it.

So now you are turning to the govt to solve everything.

We are talking about Border security, not 'everything'. Another straw man statement from you

Government has shown a deliberate lack of political will thus far to maintain border security. And it should not need to be stated that in a country as large as the US, one of the governments few legitimate roles should be in the area of border control and national security.

Who would you put in charge of such a mammoth task?

Edited by Papist

Tell us how stopping the flow of cartel gangs and Muslim extremists doesn't increase security?

No wall will stop the flow of drugs, the cartels have figured out many efficent ways of getting thier product into the country, as the easy availability and low cost of the illegal drugs clearly shows. Walls and America';s long lost war on drugs have and will contuine to do nothing to stop the drug problem. As for your favorite group to hate, Muslims, more extremists have been caught coming in from Canada, where they are better able to fit into the local population, then have been caught entering from the south, so with this often ignored fact in mind, maybe Little Hitler could build a wall along the northern border to match his southern one, I'm sure Canada, like Mexico, will be more then willing to pay for that one too. 

Edited by Uptown Redneck

We are talking about Border security, not 'everything'. Another straw man statement from you

Government has shown a deliberate lack of political will thus far to maintain border security. And it should not need to be stated that in a country as large as the US, one of the governments few legitimate roles should be in the area of border control and national security.

Who would you put in charge of such a mammoth task?

Not someone like you. You would probably turkey hunt instead of help ala the jihadi ride.

But id probably make a team up of people familiar with the situation. Border state governors, ex-governors, military personnel, economists. Or better yet. Just follow the laws we already have. We might be able to avoid having people oversee this.

But your in favor of big govt to solve this with a wall and snipers. thats your choice. I can respect that you want that.

Give us some examples. Catapults perhaps?

Actually yes, they are one of many ways that have been used, along with tunnels, submarines, shipped and flown into country as legimate cargo, airdropped, driven across borders swallowed by human smugglers and many other ways we have yet to discover. The cartels employ many a crafty entrepreneur, whom I'm sure are carrying out their tasks in ways we have not yet learned of, ways that no wall will stop.

So I guess we should stop fighting the war on drugs and let our kids die with needles in their arms.

War on drugs. Waste of so much money. A total failure. We need the government to tell us that drugs are bad? I dont need a politician to tell me drugs are bad. If anything the war on drugs has made cartels even more powerful. For christs sake. The war on drugs wont even let someone use cannibus to treat their illness.

Do you think that if we legalize drugs there will be people walking around the streets with syringes hanging from their arms.

I think we are getting off topic. This is another topic all of its own. My last comment that isnt abiut the wall.sorry for veering off path.

Edited by diplomat019

Actually yes, they are one of many ways that have been used, along with tunnels, submarines, shipped and flown into country as legimate cargo, airdropped, driven across borders swallowed by human smugglers and many other ways we have yet to discover. The cartels employ many a crafty entrepreneur, whom I'm sure are carrying out their tasks in ways we have not yet learned of, ways that no wall will stop.

So what you are saying is we have no adequate border security and very lax customs practices.

Build that wall Donald!

XxGYdAi.jpg?1

So I guess we should stop fighting the war on drugs and let our kids die with needles in their arms.

Not saying that, just that the so called war on drugs is a complete failure, how else can one explain the easy availability and low cost of illegal drugs? Instead of treating addition, which is a powerful driver of the drug trade, as a criminal offense, which does nothing to rid people of thier addications, it only results in the hiring of more cops and prison guards (which you are paying out of your taxes with no real measurable gain to show for), we should instead be treating it as the phyical issue that it is.  

So what you are saying is we have no adequate border security and very lax customs practices.

No, just that those involved in the drug trade will always find a way around whatever defense you put in their way. Since prohibition, which I might add was also nothing but a complete failure, those dealing in illegal substances always have and always will find a way to get their product to their market.