So You Want to Build a Wall on the Mexican Border?

So the source of the info was cited and the numbers confirmed, yet I don't think any minds were changed.  Imagine that.

Changed on what?   I still don't think a wall is the most efficient way to tackle this problem.  Why should those numbers change my mind?  Each one of those issues could be tackled without a wall.   So adding MORE of a tax burden is your solution.  Because a wall would be coming out of your paycheck.   

• Like 1

THERE WILL BE NO WALL!

The cost, time, and hiring engineers to get it done won't happen. Concrete, mortar, re-bar, and steel reinforcement would put the cost out of reach. Not to mention who would hop on board that has the skill to get this job done. Would you leave your family for years to get this wall built? I doubt it. 

I watched that with skepticism, being CNN has a liberal agenda. The story is a joke. But what's funny is it only proves Trump right. He said he's going to build the wall with precast and it is going to cost 10 billion.

That's exactly what they said would be best and exactly what the cost would be. What's laughable about the story is, cinder blocks haven't been made in 70 years or so. The poured concrete example was also a joke. What kind of climate is the Hoover dam in?

Diplomat to your point that the wall will cost us money out of our pocket. Trump has said he will offset the cost with the trade deficit we have with Mexico. Even if that proves not true. I would rather spend taxpayer money productively, putting people to work and cutting off a flow of continued tax burdens coming here.

One other thing. The wall would be a great symbol of commitment to enforcing our border. We have been duped for thirty years, allowing our country to slowly be invaded. The wall speaks volumes. I agree with you that your ideas would work. But only with leadership that wants it to work. Another Obama in office and he pulls the resources away and they start flowing in again.

Edited by pt0217
  • Like 1

I really don't know too much about masonry, I just found it to be pretty straightforward into the point. as far as dollars are concerned. But maybe the engineers that he was citing were all lying. Idk.

I thought conservatives are supposed to be for less spending? Yet people are all about getting the wall up with more taxes. The taxes taken out of every check of mine are laughable.

Trump is just saying this stuff to pander to those who want to hear this. He even knows this is never going to happen. He's too good of a businessman to waste money on something like this

Not sure if it's less spending. I think it's smart spending. If the cost of building the wall offsets a greater waste of tax dollars. But more so the wall, once it's built, is going to protect the border more than a progressive liberal will. I know that we are not done electing progressive liberals so I want the wall.

Edited by pt0217

It seems like our end goal is all the same. Curb illegal immigrants in this country. Thats as basic as i can put it without digging so deep we turn this into other topics. Curbing illegals. So we have that in common. Where we differ is our approach to achieving that goal. Im in favor of putting our laws to work ( actually enforcing them ) and stop incentivizing illegal immigrants with benefits. We do that by hitting them in the pocket. Without dollars going their way it would curb most of the issues imo. Not a tax dollar spent on our dimes. We could even enforce the border more efficiently by bringing home military personnel who are protecting borders around the world and put them on our own border if we choose to go that route. On the wall side of the argument it seems like most of you are in favor of a bigger govt. giving more power to the federal govt and the responsibility to do something effective with our tax dollars. And if history is correct, I don't like our chances on that. building a wall with more tax dollars and giving the govt the power contain us with snipers? We aren't in favor of a gun registry because of the possibilities of a government misusing their power, but we are OK with building a massive wall that essentially could keep us locked in? It seems nice that people are offering their free service, but id really want to see action then. Are average Americans going to take a week off of work, buy a plane ticket or drive to a border state and work for free? We couldn't even get people to go to the jihadi bike ride in New York State because they were too busy turkey hunting, but people are going to travel thousands of miles to work for free for a week? Lol.

You are losing me a little bit with the sniper thing. My position on the wall is that if we build the wall under a Trump presidency. It will have a lasting effect. So when the people elect a progressive down the road the wall will still do its job. We already know that liberal progressives will not enforce the laws in place.

• Like 3

i can dig your opinion. I just dont fully agree with it. We could achieve a lot of things here, but at what cost? I dont think the American way is to build a wall. Thats the east german communist way.

Here is a good read Its from 1 year ago. I was called out in the beginning of the thread for posting vids that were a few years old, but i think its important to see the principal of the matter.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gary-johnson-calls-donald-trump-s-border-visit-too-easy

*The sniper thing was from papists comment earlier in the thread. About walls with snipers along it

Thing with that article is that since it was written two things happened. The border patrol Union endorsed Trump and Gary Johnson announced he's running as a libertarian. So time has made the article into a propaganda piece.

We have had thirty years of both parties allowing illegals to invade our country. I want it to stop. If your ideas are guaranteed I'll take it. The problem is liberals won't stop illegal immigration.

• Like 1

Another important fact of why a wall will not be built is it would violate longstanding border treaties, some having to do with laws concerning the free flow of water between America and Mexico. And no matter what nonsense flows from Little Hitler's mouth Mexico and/or reducing trade imbalances are not going to pay for the idiot's wall. As for reducing trade imbalances, being we no longer make anything here in America that American's buy on a daily basis, just where, if not from other countries, are the things we buy going to come from?

I understand the majority of you here hate Hilary but your hatred is blinding you and not allowing you to see the nonsense that Little Hitler is having you all swallow. Deep down you all must know, but won't allow yourself to accept, that Trump is doing the same exact thing every politician has done, he is telling his followers what they want to hear knowing full well none of his outlandish policies will every be undertaken.  

Uptown you are trapped in a world where you think you have it all figured out and anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot. There are tens of millions maybe 100 million Americans that feel the way we feel. Clearly we are not all idiots.

Edited by pt0217
  • Like 1

Heres another question I was thinking about earlier. What do you do with people who own private property that borders the two countries? I'm sure there has to be some private property owners that have land that borders up against Mexico. How do you force them to allow It to be built on? That would fall under eminent domain right? Now we would ahve govt TAKING land from people. I think there are a lot of slippery slopes here. We all want a smaller fed govt otherwise we would support bernie. Seems like taking from undividuals could be a scary sight. Yeah or no?