New from Cabelas

sbuff

Hmmm, this is interesting.  It looks like an Encore, but it really isn't.  According to the description you can't interchange barrels on this gun like you can with an Encore.  If I am going to pay this kind of money for a gun, I would want it to have the barrel interchangeability like the Encore.  I'm sure it's a good gun, but it costs a bit more than I would pay for a gun that can only be a muzzleloader.

you are correct, but most muzzleloaders dont cost as much as their prototype, in this care, the encore, which does change barrels.  If I were looking to buy and at the price of this one, I would just get the encore. That is why I dont think they will sell as many as they hope.  The only selling point is no paperwork.  I am a t/c guy through and through.  I have an encore ml, hawken and new englander. Last fall, I bought an impact. no barrel exchange, and 250 dollars out the door.  It is a good shooter and I like the adjustable stock.  I would have a hard time justofying another 400 for a gun to do the same thing, when the only advantage is I can take the breech plug out by hand with no tools.  I had a triumph when they first came out, and honestly, I did not like that feature, and that is one reason I got rid of it.