North American Piranha

moog5050

Was joking with my son that there is a NA piranha and he better be careful wading in those ponds and in the bay.  He doubted me, as he should have, but come to find out, I actually found some support for it.  Some are in TX and now this:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/07/21/Fishermen-hook-piranha-in-Pennsylvania-lake/9611469125828/

Never doubt dad, even when he is wrong he is right.  lol

• Like 1

I think they caught a couple in Buffalo creek or could be Ellicott crk a few years ago by Buff state. They figured it was pets released. They said they wouldn't last long in the wild

First trip to Disney when daughter was 4 we saw a swamp .I said "wonder if there's any gators in there?"   Well to this day if we see a swamp up here I mutter the same thing. If I don't she asks "are you ok/ You forgot something"

Edited by turkeyfeathers

38 minutes ago, G-Man said:

People let pets go all to.often, they have been caught in small boat harbor,  and they have caught alligators in buffalo river.. 

Ooops.  Gators were indeed in  Buffalo river not piranha and the piranha in small boat harbor . I knew I had the facts just getting old and mixed up lol

Burmese pet python getting let go in Florida is what started the whole thing down there.