trail cams dead...

growalot

as far as activity...ever since that bean field was planted nothing in the plots except fox...I have deer in the hemp plot...a few doe and now fawn and a young 5pt...but they are avoiding the clovers...lots of movement on the property...I managed to disturb road crossings 4 times going back and forth to the lower plots on the tractor then Gator to work. what they are doing is traveling through us back and forth from the swamps to that bean field about a mile. They may also be in the corn...it is all eared up and looking plump...notced stalks bent down...

Big difference between crops you own/control and those you don't.

If I had one plant to plant foodplots with, it'd be beans. Deer will feast on them all summer and then if that field is left to pod out - every deer you want to shoot will be in that field until the last pod is located late season. A standing bean field in December is a sight to see in the afternoons.

Agree that if not controlling the harvest, it's a completely different world.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

The modern harvesters/combines don't leave much in the field as far as corn and soybeans. Using computer-controlled planting and harvesting and GPS/SatNav technology there's usually more left on the ground around the haulers being filled than there is in the fields. OTOH, if you know where the haulers are stopping on their routes through the fields during harvest, that's probably where the deer will be.

Water is a huge issue this year as well. A lot of ponds, small streams, drainage ditches, and swamps are absolutely bone dry. Finding a spring-fed water source is going to be critical this season. JMHO

• Like 2

These beans aren't soy..I'm not sure what they are..not  clueless...They don't look like no e...They look like snap beans to me'.

When I grew soybeans they came back during gun to check out pods...but I had over seededturnips and clover in them.

Wow just caught this...funny Kindle completely changed what I actually typed ...but didn't correct(seeded turnips)'''anyways:

They don't look like cow peas...They look like snap beans to me.

So  that above post I made sometime ago and thought it got lost...just showed up...any who.

I just got confirmation from our son...he said he drove the road behind us and that field had 30+ deer and no less than 20 turkey in it as of last night...that explains the mere one or two I've been seeing on cams...the beef farmer worked all yesterday cutting his hay there and the beans the crop/beef farmer has in next to his is growing like mad. The field corn on the other side of the beef farmer, that yet another dairy farm put in  is getting hit hard...they are the ones with the corn field next to us...50ft off the deck...and the deer have been hammering it every night...We can hear them yanking cobs down... Glad I'm putting in a whole lot of tunips this year plus the new clover runs....