Unfortunately, It's my turn to make this thread...

regulat0r

I now use cables instead of chain. unless they have a grinder type cutter, they are much more difficult to cut through with bolt cutters. position the  lock behind the  tree so it is more difficult to get to and get the  leverage you  need to cut that, also..

The couple times I  had stands taken, it was pretty easy to step back and figure where they went with it. usually the  crook will make  a strait line out with it. I reported the incident, and talked with the officer about my suspicions...he  then made a "friendly" visit to the home to "warn them about thieves in the  area". I didn't get my stand back (nothing in sight there) but I had a lot of satisfaction they knew we knew, and no further  problems.

• Like 2

We have permission to hunt a property on Cambier Road in Marion/Palmyra area . My son put a two man stand up and opening day of gun season went to see this in the dark . I took pics a couple days later .

his was on private and well over 200 yards from any dwelling . Whoever took the bottom section had no business being on the property !

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

We also have a place on Rt 21 to hunt . My son went to his ladder stand and some a-hole had removed the support bar . Found it tossed a few feet away . He replaced the bar and when he went back a couple days later the support bar was gone . There are 3 of us that are allowed to hunt this property so I don't know who would have done this . I told Matt to set up a trail cam but he never did .

We also got permission to hunt a property on West Bloomfield Road in Mendon . Guys that had been hunting there for years didn't like more people hunting there . One or more of those jerks made some accusations about my son to the land owner . He was told to find another place to hunt . I told him to get his tree stands and he blew it off saying he would get them in the spring . Well , as I figured , only one out of three was to be bound . We walked all over the property . So , not only were these guys liars , they were thieves also !

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a ladder stand min the same place for 7-8 years , When it started to become wobbly at the top I used lag bolts and pinned the seat frame to the tree (I own the property) so if anyone wanted to steal the stand they would probably only get/take the ladder part .... which would kinda leave me hanging anyway but its an attempt at securing it !