Resonable Boar hunts, any info?

Geno C

Geno

I dont know how far you want to travel but I went boar hunting in Georgia with a guy named Gary Frye, happy acres expeditions. It was a 4 day hunt and cost 450 with no food but he has a cabin thats nicer than my house with central ac washer dryer and a full kitchen. We culdve killed as many hogs as we wanted with no addtional "trophy" fees if you killed 1,2 or 50 and it didnt matter if they were 50 pounds or 500 pounds

i will have to look in to them. i was looking at an outfit named Yellow Bluff. i think they are in Georgia as well and for 600 bux i think it was 1 or 2 hogs a day all meals and lodging included... a buffy of mine went there and loved it. he went twice...

does he have a web site?? or any other info?

Geno

I dont know how far you want to travel but I went boar hunting in Georgia with a guy named Gary Frye, happy acres expeditions. It was a 4 day hunt and cost 450 with no food but he has a cabin thats nicer than my house with central ac washer dryer and a full kitchen. We culdve killed as many hogs as we wanted with no addtional "trophy" fees if you killed 1,2 or 50 and it didnt matter if they were 50 pounds or 500 pounds

FYI, I've never met Gary, or hunted with him, BUT, I can say that I've spoken to many people who have, and all say he is top notch - and I mean they can't stop saying good things about him.

I'd love to head down there, and would be willing to go if the timing is right. Just unsure of how many days I would be willing to burn in place of taking time for deer season  :D .

FYI, I've never met Gary, or hunted with him, BUT, I can say that I've spoken to many people who have, and all say he is top notch - and I mean they can't stop saying good things about him.

I'd love to head down there, and would be willing to go if the timing is right. Just unsure of how many days I would be willing to burn in place of taking time for deer season  :) .

is gary from happy acres?

Yeah Gary is the owner, guide, camp entertainment etc. Its a one man show. I was the second person to go with him when he first opened his place 3 years ago. I cant say it enough. Its good ole fashioned southern hospitality, coupled with lots of hogs and the little things he does. Like I forgot my thermo cell one year he lent me his. After killing a few hogs I didnt feel like hunting one evening, we hung out and just talked and I learned a lot about higs listeneing to him that night. If youve ever been on a guided hunt you know how some places just "get" it and some dont...he "GETS" it big time. No limit either. Kill 1, 2 or 50. I do think he puts a lot of time and energy into the hunts and he keeps it personal, if the picture thing works it  should be me with a small 150 boar

post-1807-131455414591_thumb.jpg

Hey Geno, if you are looking for anyone else to go, I might be interested. It gets cheaper with more guys, and Id love to break my new 870 in.  ;)

sounds good dude. it would be a fun trip... always wanted to do a boar hunt. very curious how wild boar tastes. also, if you happen to find anything out or if your thinking of a trip, let me know.