Never tried it

Paratrooper395

21 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I watched a HUGE bear stroll right through the middle of town in Old Forge it was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed in a house off the strip there last year. I have a picture of a button buck licking my forearm.

I've not been to Banff in a dog's age, but I remember a moose walking through the middle of town many years back. You won't see that often in new york!

2 minutes ago, Core said:

I stayed in a house off the strip there last year. I have a picture of a button buck licking my forearm.

I've not been to Banff in a dog's age, but I remember a moose walking through the middle of town many years back. You won't see that often in new york!

Somewhere I have a pic of a doe eating a pretzel out of my mouth in Old Forge. Also one of a huge buck in the bed of a pickup, the guy had feed in it. They must have slaughtered the deer up there because I used to see literally hundreds from OF to Inlet, now you just see a handful

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Somewhere I have a pic of a doe eating a pretzel out of my mouth in Old Forge. Also one of a huge buck in the bed of a pickup, the guy had feed in it. They must have slaughtered the deer up there because I used to see literally hundreds from OF to Inlet, now you just see a handful

Okay that has me beat!

Bowguy no ...I don't know anyone that got breast cancer in the last several years...pretty sure thousands have...That said...this is from a January 2015 report ..yes 2008-2012 mentioned but why would anyone want to risk even a small chance? I was just pointing out not all meats that get to,especially small butchers are from strict regulated farms. Now here is something interesting ,I placed in bold  that people may not have considered....just information:

Results: During 2008–2012, a total of 90 cases of trichinellosis were reported to CDC from 24 states and the District of Columbia. Six (7%) cases were excluded from analysis because a supplementary case report form was not submitted or the case did not meet the case definition. A total of 84 confirmed trichinellosis cases, including five outbreaks that comprised 40 cases, were analyzed and included in this report. During 2008–2012, the mean annual incidence of trichinellosis in the United States was 0.1 cases per 1 million population, with a median of 15 cases per year. Pork products were associated with 22 (26%) cases, including 10 (45%) that were linked with commercial pork products, six (27%) that were linked with wild boar, and one (5%) that was linked with home-raised swine; five (23%) were unspecified. Meats other than pork were associated with 45 (54%) cases, including 41 (91%) that were linked with bear meat, two (4%) that were linked with deer meat, and two (4%) that were linked with ground beef. The source for 17 (20%) cases was unknown. Of the 51 patients for whom information was reported on the manner in which the meat product was cooked, 24 (47%) reported eating raw or undercooked meat.

Edited by growalot

9 hours ago, growalot said:

Don't count on older time pork, a good amount of 4-H hogs reach butcher shop  shelves and those hogs are NOT raised in the concrete "sterile" environments seen on modern hog farms..all ours were field raised hogs auctioned off after showing...

Trichinosis, is only a problem if you feed the hogs meat that is infected with the trichnella worm.