Single Pin Sight Alternative

DirtTime

In all my years I never used more than one when they were used in the horizontal position then when the single pin sliders were invented by some mad scientist I jumped on that PDQ.  I liked the idea that I could come up on a target or animal from down below it and not block one side of my sight picture.

Get it?

Edited by Lawdwaz
Confused vertival and horizontal 'cause I'm watching Water's World

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

In all my years I never used more than one when they were used in the vertical position then when the single pin sliders were invented by some mad scientist I jumped on that PDQ.  I liked the idea that I could come up on a target or animal from down below it and not block one side of my sight picture.

Get it?

Yes I get it. I agree.

I am just offering an alternative for some who may not have the means to buy a new site but want a single pin. Just take out the other pins. 

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I didn't meant it (first time) in a smart ass way, it just typed that way.....

Any single pin will work as you've suggested but the vertical pin is better for many than the horizontal for the reason I've mentioned.

I know you didn't. Next year I am thinking of going with a crosshair bow sight. But, for this year, I want to give the one pin a shot. Easier for me to just take out the other pins. Food for thought for anyone who wants to try and not buy a new sight.

:drinks:

14 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

Only sight I've ever used. Single pin pendulum sight. Works perfect!

https://www.truglo.com/archery-sights/pendulum.asp?catid=14EF030088AA44CBAC06E6F08F4B71C1

I used a Keller pendulum for years before going to the HHA slider. I agree with Lawd, I like the unobstructed sight view. But for your set up rob, I think you will be ok. Just yank the other pins out and go with it. I never use the slide on my sight. I just know where to aim at different yardages after many hundreds of arrows.

• Like 1