Scent Control

BigGuyNY

I just purchased a new bag that had individual compartments, each of which are sealed in order to keep odor out and prior to packing it, I washed all of my gear in scent free detergent, hung all items out to dry and once dried I sprayed each item with scent killer spray and then let that dry.  There are products available that smell like dirt, pine, acorns etc. to pack with your clothing that act as a cover scent.  My concern is that these scents will spook deer.  Thoughts?  

https://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Specialties-Fresh-Earth-Wafers/dp/B0000AW001/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473544110&sr=8-6&keywords=scent+control

I took some panty hose, cut the legs into 6 or 8 inch sections and put small sections of spruce boughs in them.  Twist tie the ends and throw them in the bag mixed in with your hunting clothes.  I have had the same ones in with my hunting clothes for the last 8 years or so and they still have a fairly strong scent.  I imagine that this would work with some other variety of tree or leaves that have a familiar odor to wherever you are hunting.

Now that I am mentioning this, I think that it might be time to swap them out with some new ones.

Edited by adkhunter71
spelled word wrong
  • Like 2