Overseeded Winter Rye

I had a plot that didnt do well at all, planted it brassicas, and with all my equipment being down i knew it wouldnt do well but i tried it. I got about 20% germination from the brassicas. This plot is a "go to" spot for deer activity and i really like to have a food source here, so Friday i stopped and grabbed a 56# bag of winter rye and covered this plot. It is about  1/3 acre in size. We Got rain the day before and again Saturday night. Hopefully it germinates some. Has anyone ever planted Winter Rye and have good luck, with deer being attracted to it? This was a last minute decision, I usually do Forage Oats but I didnt have time to get any.. 

• Like 1

yes sir as long as the turkeys didn't find it you'll have deer munching away well about mid Oct  I always seed really heavy in such cases...I have a section of food plot I mowed and just disced in WW I had hanging around since last fall...growing great...went down and dropped som turnip seed in on top and now that is popping well too...I was considering dropping and driving in so WR or WW in a couple of areas as well...just so busy.