crossbow bolt nocks

eagle rider

Every Xbow was designed (and tested!) to use a specific nock on their bolts! They're NOT really interchangeable, flat & half moon nocked bolts. BTW - Omni nocks are flat nocks with slight convex mods. Other than the fact interchanging or deviating from what the Mfger designed them for isn't suggested, may also be a safety, functionality or equipment performance issues. Thrusting a ~20" bolt down an open rail with 150/200# of force isn't something I'd want to experiment with using incorrect nocks. This question should never have to be asked! Should have been some standard for Xbows way back when.... Unfortunately, some companies just can't get past the temptation of designing using proprietary parts.

Every Xbow was designed (and tested!) to use a specific nock on their bolts! They're NOT really interchangeable, flat & half moon nocked bolts. BTW - Omni nocks are flat nocks with slight convex mods. Other than the fact interchanging or deviating from what the Mfger designed them for isn't suggested, may also be a safety, functionality or equipment performance issues. Thrusting a ~20" bolt down an open rail with 150/200# of force isn't something I'd want to experiment with using incorrect nocks. This question should never have to be asked! Should have been some standard for Xbows way back when.... Unfortunately, some companies just can't get past the temptation of designing using proprietary parts.

Here's what gets me Ten Point says their bolts have to have a Omni Nick yet their current packaged de-cocking bolts are half moon. What's wrong with this picture....
http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13064006&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:13064006:13103100-DSG:ARCHERY_CROSS-BOWS_CROSS-BOW-ACCESSORIES&gclid=CLfclumWw88CFQ1bhgodH1oC5A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10pt probably uses Omni nocks for performance &/or consistency for advertising claims. Curse 10pt all you want, but they are deer hunters that have been developing Xbows for years. NOT some Asian engineer designing bolt/nock combinations for cost effectiveness! Can't really compare true hunting bolts to the simple discharge ones. Who cares how they fly in the 3' you shoot one into the ground?

Little off topic, but this is what I went with instead of disposable or large tipped discharge bolts. Cost about the same and it's fairly compact. Easy to tote around in the vehicle or even stash somewhere in the woods inside a trash bag.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11970408&page=1&cp=4406646.70516396.4414427.4414430&categoryId=13128706

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1