Dad's Top 12 Whitetails

BizCT

Very Nice. Was shocks me is that you never took it on as deep? My pop's bought us a camp up at Barney Pond in South Colton area in the 70's and its been ba!!s to the wall whitetail ever since for me. I hear you say you only kinda do the weekend thing and rather spend Sunday watching football or golfing. Not knocking in any way as each has their own route to take but it looks like your pop's was to the wall ever since a young man and has not lost the whitetail drive.
Maybe now with the new land you will be vested a bit more but either way pretty cool to have all those pics for your later days!

Yea my dad grew up in nyc then Yonkers. The Catskills state forests was his escape. I missed a lot of years partying but recently got back into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my dad was an influence in me chasing whitetails.  he doesn't hunt much at all anymore.  I have a feeling my daughter might re-ignite the flame.  his first grand kid.  he still pays attention to what I am doing hunting wise.  he's really only been a gun hunter too.

• Like 1

What was the story with this brute?  The other deer are nice but this seems to be an exceptional deer.   I see no hole did he run this one over, lol, j/k. 
imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161028%2Ffc21b6c98eaa24516dbd166bdbac7e6c.jpg&key=155562f15271531d60ffe8e4e4a03d8d0c2765a26312cb8b07735dc792d15182

Texas deer (no fences). I was in a ground blind with my dad up on a hill. I missed this buck 4 times. Then my Dad killed it with 1 shot (other side of body). My gun turned out to be way off. Scope must have jarred riding in the truck. Sucks. I should have shot with my dad's gun. But I was so mad I told him, just shoot it and he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2