Hunting Gaiters?????

Lawdwaz

Not surprised who answered this question; someone who's BTDT.

All three of those have been on my radar.......I was one click away from buying the KUIU last night but was concerned about the fit over heavy wool pants and pac boots.  That question was answered in a PM on the 'Fire from SKane.  

Last night they had a 30% off sale, hopefully they'll honor that or do better. :)

The OR Crocs are the standby for many I know but like you said, a bit on the noisy side.

Thanks Dan.......

The last really good pair I had were seal-skin. A former girlfriend did a two-year stint flying around Alaska as a speech therapist and gave them to me as a present when she got back. Those things wore like iron for several years until I left them in my garage one winter and the mice got into them. That was about thirty years ago and I have little doubt that they'd still be going strong today if I had taken better care of them. Seal-skin is like nature's kevlar.

They DID honor the sale price. 

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.........................:wink:

What prompted this was the wind and snow that blew up my pant legs yesterday.  I looked down and said WTH man, where are your gaiters?  They can make a huge difference in staying warn not just when walking but when on stand too.

6 minutes ago, philoshop said:

The last really good pair I had were seal-skin. A former girlfriend did a two-year stint flying around Alaska as a speech therapist and gave them to me as a present when she got back. Those things wore like iron for several years until I left them in my garage one winter and the mice got into them. That was about thirty years ago and I have little doubt that they'd still be going strong today if I had taken better care of them. Seal-skin is like nature's kevlar.

That's a bit over the top.....seal skin?  That'd be awesome!

7 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

If you sign up for the Kuiu email updates you'll get a code for a discount too, I did anyway some months ago.

I think even at full price their gaiters are a solid purchase, so something off is just gravy.

I've bought from them in the past so couldn't get the free shipping.  Surprisingly they only charged me about $8 to ship them.  (I've been boned much worse from sellers)

Would this be pork, beef, chicken, turkey or VENISON gravy?  :rofl:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

That's a bit over the top.....seal skin?  That'd be awesome!

Like I said, she was a girlfriend.;-] She stayed at my place in Buffalo for two weeks doing job interviews at UB, taking tests, and getting various inoculations before she left for Mountain Village, AK to cover about a quarter of the state on a weekly rotation. The gaiters were given to her by the parents of an Inuit kid she was helping, and she passed them on to me. She also got her pilot's license while she was there,of course. Pretty cool chick.

I'd be surprised if the gaiters weren't available somewhere if you knew where to look. Things like Inuit knives, gloves and hats are pretty common on the internet. All made by people who depend on their tools and garments for survival.