Finally some success to share

fasteddie

Well Finally !

Matt and I went to met at my SILs property in Geneseo . He was running late so I waited for him . We got dressed and made the long walk to the woods are were there in plenty of time . We sat at least 250 yards apart diagonally across the woods and we didn't see any deer . Saw deer bed in the laneway and a lot of tracks on the way in . We decided to leave at 11 . I told Matt to go out on the trail and I would walk through the thick crap and see if I could push anything to him . He didn't go down to where I wanted him to and 4 deer hauled butt out of the thickets . Too fast for him to take a shot .

We helped my SIL with a couple tasks and I went down and got my ATV and parked it under her rear deck . Then we headed to Mendon . I grabbed a coffee and we went to a spot where we have permission to hunt on RT 251 in Victor . Hunters were already there so we went back to Matt's property in Honeoye Falls . I got my youngest son's Savage 20 ga and went out back to the blind . After about an hour a small doe came out at about 40 yards . I rested the shotgun on shooting sticks . I had an insulated jacket with an insulated vest on plus my son had an additional recoil pad on his shotgun . It was awkward and uncomfortable to should plus I still am not used to the Accu-Trigger . I squeezed off a shot and the small doe dropped right on the spot . I let my son know I had one down and sat for a while longer . About 30 - 40 minutes later a large doe came out looking for her baby . I waited for her to get in the open and when she did I squeezed off another shot . She ran of full bore and I thought I might have missed as a doe went running past the blind full speed at about 15 feet . Matt came out with his ATV and wagon . I walked over to the small doe and saw a big blood spot where the big doe had been standing . I looked over in the direction to where she had ran and she was laying right on one of the trails . Got a two-fer ! The pressure is off . 

We hung up the big doe , skinned it and cut it up . Then we hung the small one and we went in the house for coffee , pizza bagels and birthday cake and then I headed home . Lost my camera somewhere on my SIL's property which was the worst part of the day . 

• Like 5