Just bought a CVA Wolf

Core

I love my wolf. Hunt with it during regular season as well. Very accurate,doesn't kick much and light enough to carry all day. I switched to white hot pellets and find they are much cleaner than the black powder ones,also have a little more oomph. I use two and a 250 grain bullet. My wolf hates the powerbelt bullets,throws them all over the place. It likes cheap ammo,what can I say.

• Like 1

Took this out hunting a half dozen times since MZ started and wanted to be sure everything was still good and the propellant was sound etc, so I took it to the range today intent to see what a single shot would do at 100 yards and here it is. I have never hit the bullseye first shot in any gun.

Suffice to say a clean-bore shot like this is confidence boosting. I have been keeping electrical tape over the muzzle to protect against weather, and as soon as I get home I put this in the garage.

4*30 777 pellets + 250 gr t/c shockwave

113ab119d0145943f43fe2a46a19fe0f.jpg
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 2:25 PM, Jeremy K said:

A new scope for my muzzle loader is coming this year , id like one with flip up caps.

You can get a lot of aftermarket caps on amazon. I've been thinking about it, but I Just leave the caps off while I'm out, so it's one less thing to worry about right now.

---

Took this to the range again today after dropping it and destroying my zero. Once I got it re-zeroed I still can't believe how accurate this rifle is. My groups with 120 Gr and XTP hunter are several inches, but with the 250 gr shockwave and a 120 gr load of 777 pellets it really does approx an inch or not much more pretty consistently. Two more rounds today 1/2" apart, but a couple inches off bullseye. Adjusted scope for my final shot and another one that overlapped the green in the middle. This gun really is a tack driver. I bet it would do better from a sled.

• Like 1