Old single wide for free

Is there anyone on the forum that may be in need of an old single wide? It was used as a hunting camp for the last 25 years. Roof leaks in one spot and needs some TLC.

It was not hooked up to well but does have a burner but I don't know if it works. Had an old wood stove but I took that out. If there is anyone interested I'll have my neighbor take some pictures. I just want it off the property so if you can move it you can have it for free. It is located in the town of Howard, western N.Y.

FL

BTW. ...if the sides are aluminum..not sure scrap price right now,you have potential siding for a tower blind and roofing...cut and spray paint..free material to fully enclose ..as I recall older trailers had smaller Windows...So possible Windows as well...as you age,the idea of comfort in nasty weather,when the buck are up moving will appeal to you. Being dry when the turkey are out gobbling will make for a fun hunt...believe me:wink: This is where you insert a buddy to help,if he hunts and would like to stay dry and not frozen as well.I know how cold and windy it can be there.

Edited by growalot

Hey First-Light, careful with that if it's not up to HUD code. I almost took one that wasn't up to code, and after talking to my town decided against it. My town doesn't have zoning laws but they're bound by Federal regulations. People have started lawsuits against sellers of such mobile homes. Even if the seller wins, they still have to pay to defend themselves against a costly suit.

That's a big reason a lot of folks scrap them.

• Like 1