Senate Budget Proposal includes Crossbow Language

tughillmcd

Senate Budget Proposal Includes Full Inclusion Crossbow Language 

We have received over 1800 letters to legislators asking they support bills A479 and S1386 and it is paying off.

I received information overnight that the Senate has included crossbow language that is the same as Senate Bill 1386 as "Part GG" of their budget proposal.

Now is the time to contact your Assemblymember and ask them to support including this language into the Assembly budget proposal. There is only 2 short weeks to have this included and voted on before the April 1st budget deadline. Now is the time to make the call.

Find your legislators and their contact information by putting your address into the link at the NYS Board of Elections Web Page at the Following Link!

Link to the New York Crossbow Coalition News Letter

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't April 1st the deadline for submission of the new NYS budget? IRC, a lot of these so called "pork belly" add-on bills get stripped from the budget in the late hours of the budget talks. Hopefully will might know something by 1st week of April!!! JMO - IF the Xbow bill does get stripped from the budget submission, it will have a hard time getting any interest among legislators as a stand alone bill as recent history has shown.

Anyways ... If you're for or against any full inclusion of Xbows, now is the time for your emails/phone calls to your legislator.

• Like 2

I just called assembly man Cliff Crouch District 122, assemblywoman Donna LuPrado district 123, and senator Fred Asare and told them to not include crossbows, senator Ascar office said he has a bill allowing full use and privileges for the crossbow as if it was like a shotgun or the equivalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, tony.zurenda said:

I just called assembly man Cliff Crouch District 122, assemblywoman Donna LuPrado district 123, and senator Fred Asare and told them to not include crossbows, senator Ascar office said he has a bill allowing full use and privileges for the crossbow as if it was like a shotgun or the equivalent.

Those 3 clowns have no pull anyway. How do you like your NYB membership? lol

13 minutes ago, tony.zurenda said:

Not totally sure what you're talking about NYB??? And those "clowns" are my elected officials....

NYB = New York Bowhunters. The pathetic organization that continues to worry about other people shooting "their deer". You should join them. From what I understand, their membership is a on a steady decline.

NYB = New York Bowhunters. The pathetic organization that continues to worry about other people shooting "their deer". You should join them. From what I understand, their membership is a on a steady decline.

Why are you attacking me??? You don't even know me, or my political position, my Heritage or beliefs... 1ad738d6b2d6e431e64c5b4285c588ac.jpg

30 minutes ago, tony.zurenda said:

Assemblywoman Donna Lupardo is a cosponsor of the Assembly Crossbow Bill A479A and Senator Fred Akshar is a cosponsor of bill S1386.

Here is the complete list of Sponsors and Cosponsors

A479-A  Sponsor - GUNTHER

Cosponsors - LUPARDO, WOERNER, BRINDISI, B. MILLER, RAIA, DIPIETRO, KEARNS, FINCH;
Multisponsor - Schimminger

S1386-A  Sponsor GALLIVAN  

Cosponsors - AKSHAR, BONACIC, GRIFFO, HELMING, LANZA, LITTLE, MARCHIONE, ORTT, RITCHIE, ROBACH, SEWARD, VALESKY

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tony.zurenda said:

... And those "clowns" are my elected officials / representatives....

I apologize for someone calling your representatives a "clown", but you only have 1 assembly member, not 2. The district that represents you is the one that you reside in and are able to register to vote in, so your Assemblymember is either Crouch, or Lupardo, (not LuPrado) and your senator is Fred Akshar (not Ascar or Asare)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Those 3 clowns have no pull anyway. How do you like your NYB membership? lol

So , if someone doesn't agree with full inclusion , you consider that person  equivalent to a NYB member ? That's rich ! If someone wants full inclusion , I don't care . It's their choice ..........

I don't support Full Inclusion and I bought a crossbow last year . And guess what ..... I am not a member of the NYB and never have been . I don't need them to make my decisions . I don't fight for or against full inclusion . That's my choice . 

• Like 2

I apologize for someone calling your representatives a "clown", but you only have 1 assembly member, not 2. The district that represents you is the one that you reside in and are able to register to vote in, so your Assemblymember is either Crouch, or Lupardo, (not LuPrado) and your senator is Fred Akshar (not Ascar or Asare)

I'll make a note of that I live in a town with a different name then with my mailing addresses is, and thank you for the spellcheck....

10 minutes ago, tony.zurenda said:

You still can only register with your physical address, not your mailing address, thus you only have one assembly member that represents you.

I'll make a note of that I live in a town with a different name then with my mailing addresses is, and thank you for the spellcheck.... emoji4.png

welcome to the forum!

Thank you?

I think...

Yeah with the Bill numbers I called again and the General thought is it relaxes restrictions on long bows, and crossbows, basically as I was told earlier... for a bow hunter this is a good thing, for a Prepper this is also a good thing... if the bill passes , you will "now shoot a crossbow from a tree stand or similar structure"....

For anyone that is considering buying a new compound , hold off a bit . When the crossbow bill passes , buy one as it is less expensive and easier to shoot . It takes just a few minutes to dial it in versus having to practice for hours . 

• Like 1