Up coming trips

Doewhacker

Any one else get washed out of camping this weekend? I had the pleasure of towing my camper through the hardest, most damaging rain I have ever seen on Friday night. I was going through water running over the road, over rocks and branches and visibility was at a minimum. When we finally made it to the site they were in rough shape, it was completely washed out to the point where we had to turn around and go home. What a bummer, especially with to little kids crying but we made the best of it at home. Last year I drove through the left over's of a Hurricane, I have had enough towing in crazy conditions for a while! lol

Ah what can you do, I saw on the news that it was some of the worst storms the area has seen in many many years. I am really thankfull we weren't already set up when it came in..yikes that would have been bad. Hopefully they get it all fixed up fast because we are supposed to go up on fathers day weekend and again on the Fourth and I would hate to try and find a different site on short notice.

Elmer I would call first, they were unsure as to how much damage they had to repair and warned us to check before we went up for fathers day. They were going to take pictures for the insurance company when we were there. Their web site didn't note anything though...the one side of the road by the office is fine but the Hundred acre woods where we go was toast. I will not stay on the other side of the road because I love the hundred acres woods so much more.

Thats not a bad camp site you had there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lake George RV Park, this weekend. Anyone?

Elmer I'll offer you a discounted rate to stay in my yard just about 20 minutes from Lake George, lets say $60 a night? haha That place is a bit pricey isn't it?

We want to squeeze in one more trip this year before school starts back up, some place close to home.

Yeah it is. I just didn't want to take a chance on a place I've never been to. It's like $75 a night there. You lucky bastids! It must be nice to live up there. Do you allow dogs in your yard? j/k We already reserved, they can't tell us what site till we get there. probably going to go up early in the am and fart around in town until checkin. Maybe rent a boat? Dunno? Just glad I'm going.

One of the rules for my yard campsite is you have to pick up after my dogs and your own..lol.

We have never been to that one but it is a nice one, just dont let em stick you out by the road as its a busy stretch and I can see it being noisy. Plenty to do up here to kill time thats for sure, hell,  you wanna mow my lawn I'll let you! haha  Have fun!

Yeah it is. I just didn't want to take a chance on a place I've never been to. It's like $75 a night there. You lucky bastids! It must be nice to live up there. Do you allow dogs in your yard? j/k We already reserved, they can't tell us what site till we get there. probably going to go up early in the am and fart around in town until checkin. Maybe rent a boat? Dunno? Just glad I'm going.

Do a Lake Trout fishing charter in the AM and Bass Charter in the PM.