Up coming trips

Doewhacker

Where are you guy's headed this summer?

We are going to Acadia for a week in August, that will be the big one for the year, should be awesome. Then there is always the little 3-4 day weekend trips closer to home. I think we are planing on at least 4 of those type and we leave room for a random trip here and there when we can too.

My whole family can't wait to go again, the camper comes out of storage in April and we will start going shortly there after.

Miami/South Beach with my girlfriend in May for 5 days. 1 of the days going out with her and a guide for peacock bass in the canals.

Lake George in July, Lake Trout with a guide.

NJ in October for Deer with the crossbow.

PA 10/30 - 11/6 for Deer with the crossbow.

Staying in NY all of November/early December for shotgun and late crossbow season for deer.

Minnesota 12/26 - 1/1 on a Bobcat Hunt.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I know I gotta go! I'll probably do a trip to Lake George or somewhere in the Dacks. To me it's not camping if there is not a body of water nearby. Someone told me i would never go back to Lake George if I went to Saranc lakes area. Don't know about that one. what do you guys think?

Elmer, I live 20 mins south of Lake George and I have been to the Saranac area and it is absolutely better in the Saranac area. My personal fav camp site is at the base of Whiteface mtn. its called North Pole resorts, huge sites, quiet, and in the best area for hiking, fishing and what ever else you want outdoor wise. Lake George tends to draw in the high maitenence types...thats a nice way for me to say a-holes..lol

I guess I'm lucky to have this area as my close to home camping spot cause its not bad for a weekend trip.

that oughtta be a blast fishing for peacock bass! post some pics when u guys end up going and good luck!

Miami/South Beach with my girlfriend in May for 5 days. 1 of the days going out with her and a guide for peacock bass in the canals.

Lake George in July, Lake Trout with a guide.

NJ in October for Deer with the crossbow.

PA 10/30 - 11/6 for Deer with the crossbow.

Staying in NY all of November/early December for shotgun and late crossbow season for deer.

Minnesota 12/26 - 1/1 on a Bobcat Hunt.

We have nothing planned yet for the first year in a while. Too much up in the air with selling the pop up, buying a new one and the baby coming. We are going to go at least a few times, but we dont have plans yet.

Jusy my personal opinion, camping with babies is a pain in the arse.  :P

We have nothing planned yet for the first year in a while. Too much up in the air with selling the pop up, buying a new one and the baby coming. We are going to go at least a few times, but we dont have plans yet.

Jusy my personal opinion, camping with babies is a pain in the arse.  :)

Oh I know, been there, done it. Not gonna deprive my daughter all summer though. Camping trips are what she looks forward to all year.

i want to head upstate for a camping trip this year. we all camped out a few times in the hamptons last year ay cedar point. I got the wife into camping and she loves it now, plus my buddy and his girlfriend who is totally not a camper actually enjoed it! they are hooked also lol. last camping trip i planned for 18 people and we all headed out to cedar point. So this year i plan on camping a few times...

cool section just saw we had it

• 1 month later...

I just got back from Arizona.  Hiked 13 miles to from Canyon rim down to Havasupai Village and camped off the base of Havasu Falls.  Absolutely amazing experience.  The 13 miles back up to the canyon rim (2200 feet elevation climb) in the Arizona heat and 45 lbs worth of gear kicked my butt!  In the end it was well worth it.  For those would don't want to rough it you can get a mule to carry your pack down and hike it on foot or your can chopper down ($85 each way).

I also have a few days off in early June and thought about Acadia as well.  I'm thinking Acadia on the high-end (money and time), Saranac Lake (mid-range), or back country camping on Fire Island (low-end).  I'll probably squeeze in a couple of one night stays here and there but that's about it.

post-1898-131455445094_thumb.jpg

I just got back from Arizona.  Hiked 13 miles to from Canyon rim down to Havasupai Village and camped off the base of Havasu Falls.  Absolutely amazing experience.  The 13 miles back up to the canyon rim (2200 feet elevation climb) in the Arizona heat and 45 lbs worth of gear kicked my butt!  In the end it was well worth it.  For those would don't want to rough it you can get a mule to carry your pack down and hike it on foot or your can chopper down ($85 each way).

Nice pic....have more? Sounds like a cool trip. :)

Where is everyone headed this weekend?

Our favorite spot at the base of Whiteface Mt., peace and quiet and most likely lots of bugs..lol I'll take one million bugs over my in-laws any day of the week!  :P  I hope to get some trout fishing in on the Ausable with my kids.

Unfortunately, no where.  I'll at least drive out to the Calverton range to sight in my rifles.

Thinking of renting a canoe and paddling down the Delaware Water Gap and do some fishing/camping next week though.