2 more Dunstans...

Well the Chestnut Hill deliveries made it to NYS and my Daughter picked me up 2 of the Dunstan chestnuts....I now need to go dig the holes for them . She just texted me so late morning Turkey hunt is cancelled...changing clothes and grabbing a shovel instead of gun... By the way here is the shipping scheduled:

http://files.constantcontact.com/0c89445a101/606fa13f-3264-496d-ac4c-f4ea5e4befd7.pdf

http://www.chestnuthilloutdoors.com/

I did a count I will have 5 Dunstan and a Chinese in the main plot along with 2 late apple and 2 late peaches. I also have 4 other Chinese chestnut and 2 gobbler oaks doing well . These being middle and upper interior sections. by the time I get too tired of all the plot work...I will have a bunch of things ,besides those 200 reds and the dozen hazel nuts, 2 dozen apples and the 2 (for now ) mulberry and dozen wild plum  ect,ect,ect doing all the feeding I need...

• Like 1

I bougbt one with nuts on it and it prlduced 3 the year after planting. The one new one may produce a couple. Tag says 3-5,depends on weather. 10 -20# by 10 years. We get much colder then you and e everything is exposed to the NW winds. Mine are doing great!  But fence wide and high..preferred browse as well and I use grow tubes.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

They come on 3 gal pots with thick bamboo stakes that I plant with them and are secured all along the stem. We had to undo that and bend the stems to fit in car and trunk...not one problem will use bio survey tape to secure again.

Edited by growalot