Black Creek 6/4

doebuck1234

Met up with cousin and went out for a few hours yesterday just as rain stopped.fishing in black creek has went downhill a bit compared to what it was but still managed to catch a slime rocket pike and a rockie.hooked into a 3rd fish but lost it.4th fish was jigging a tube felt the thud,set the hook and...watched my line float in the air.darn pike musta got a tooth on it.not too fond of steel leaders as how they kill the action of the bait.guess that one was on me for not using one!cousin didnt hook into any.still nice being out regardless!pike waw on a chartreuse spinnerbait and rockie was on a spoon.sorry for sideways pics.cousin took em haha

20170604_133427.jpg

20170604_140548.jpg

• Like 2

Can always do a braid main then use a flouro leader. Thats what I use for trout. Braid mainline then some Seguar flouro leader material. Works perfect! Also prevents those toothy bastards from slicing it off too easily

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice going doebuck!  I'm hoping to feel a tug on the line very soon!  Along with the braided line advice, I'll add, a 4" fine wire leader with the snap end for spinner baits on pike and pickerel. It won't impede the action and keeps those sharp gill plates and teeth from slicing you off.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1