Anyone here use Trace Mineral Salt

nybuckboy

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

When I bought my place seven years ago there was a spot in my woods that was completely torn up by animals. I knew what it was, but after talking to neighbors they confirmed that the previous owner had set out salt and mineral licks for many years prior to my purchase. Is it considered unethical if I hunt near those "legacy" salt licks? I only have an acre of woods, so it's not like I can just move to another part of the property. What do you think?

I used to put out mineral blocks for my cattle and put them on old stumps. Now the deer chew on the bark and paw at the surrounding dirt. 

Always find it interesting they stop around early November and I get no tracks at all around them in the winter. Sure enough 10 years after I stopped putting them out ,they are after them again this spring and summer.

9 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

So is this another way you break the law? 

Law?  What law says i cant make a food plot? I am a farmer also so i get all these extra benefits. HaHa...Law he say's. 6 cam's up and 5lb bag of plot starter at each one made for a busy day.  Wonder if any of those..Um, Seeds will come up?

6 hours ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Law?  What law says i cant make a food plot? I am a farmer also so i get all these extra benefits. HaHa...Law he say's. 6 cam's up and 5lb bag of plot starter at each one made for a busy day.  Wonder if any of those..Um, Seeds will come up?

Just another tip from our resident deer hunting expert.

20 hours ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

You two yappers got a link that says there is a law somewhere saying food plots cant be started?    Sucks that you two are in the...Dont have it Club!  Love how Jealous people operate.

What? ...... After I gave you such a wonderful compliment, you start calling me names......lol.