Dacks Bear trip

Robhuntandfish

33 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

thats better!!  lol 

have heard good things about bear meat - prob wont get one- but never know !   and need to make bear beer brats! 

And old timer that we use to hunt with swore the key was to cook bear meat raised. No frying. Grilling is good. when I have done stews I heavily brown the meat chunks (bite size and not so you have to cut them to eat them) Then add them to the stew. It is my daughters favorite meat and she gets pissed when I give any away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Prohibited Sale of Deer or Bear Meat It is unlawful to sell deer or bear meat. Other than meat, the parts (e.g., hides, skulls, claws, antlers, and taxidermy mounts or rugs) from legally taken and reported deer and bear may be sold. Bear gallbladders and bile shall not be possessed or sold unless a valid bear tag (original or copy) is attached

i know gal bladders are coveted. would it be worth my time to save it and sell it if i'm successful? 

I've shot 2 bears in Ontario and both were delicious. I took one in the NZ as did my father, corn fed and both were great.  I am heading up to Quebec in May with a group of 7 others and I hope they don't want their meat.  So if any of you guys get them and don't want the meat just give me a holler. I'll meet you and take it for sure. 

Does the "meet you for sure" include dragging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've shot 2 bears in Ontario and both were delicious. I took one in the NZ as did my father, corn fed and both were great.  I am heading up to Quebec in May with a group of 7 others and I hope they don't want their meat.  So if any of you guys get them and don't want the meat just give me a holler. I'll meet you and take it for sure. 

Who'd you hunt with in Ont? I've gone to Gogama lodge a few times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk